mcrosby

Northwoods League Rebrand

Recommended Posts

Maybe work the eye placement so that he's facing the batter. He's looking off into the stands right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, just caught up on this thread and wanted to say that I'm really enjoying what you have done so far. All of the artwork are especially brilliant! The baseball inside the astronaut helmet with a face of a dog inside it is just... mind-blowing. VERY creative!

Can't wait to see what you have so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks too much like an illustration to me right now. Maybe make it more logo-y...I'm not sure but its a good start...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated the dog to be more doggie and less beary.

uvEEgKo.png

i love the baseball in the helmet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really liking the MoonDogs. It could possibly use a vertical reflection line on the right side of the visor to accompany the two circular reflections, but all in all it's very good. For the Bullfrogs, it's a great start if you can figure out how to incorporate the team name in there. It might not be necessary but you could experiment with adding a white highlight to the frog's skin to give it a "slippery" look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I first re-did the Northwoods League logo I struggled with coming up with a solid containing mark for the N logo. I think I've got it now. 

nwl.png

 

I might pick the team rebranding back up in the coming weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see your updated thread title... I can't wait for the 'Frogs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like what you've done so far - especially the Moon Dogs update. 

The league logo is also a major improvement.

 

If you get to the Thunder Bay Border Cats would you consider modifying or renaming the team.

 

Have always disliked Border Cats as a name; just because you're the only Canadian team in the league doesn't mean you need Border in the name.  I think 'Border' is as bad as or worse than 'Thunder' that in previous local minor league hockey teams Thunder Bay Thunder Hawks and Thunder Bay Thunder Cats and though not as bad the current university team Lakehead Thunderwolves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who's gone to some Northwoods League games, I just have to say thank you for re-branding the league and some teams. I love the re-brand so far and I can't wait to see what you come up with for all the teams, seeing as most of them have very unusual names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, greyraven8 said:

Like what you've done so far - especially the Moon Dogs update. 

The league logo is also a major improvement.

 

If you get to the Thunder Bay Border Cats would you consider modifying or renaming the team.

 

Have always disliked Border Cats as a name; just because you're the only Canadian team in the league doesn't mean you need Border in the name.  I think 'Border' is as bad as or worse than 'Thunder' that in previous local minor league hockey teams Thunder Bay Thunder Hawks and Thunder Bay Thunder Cats and though not as bad the current university team Lakehead Thunderwolves.

I think I'll probably bring back the Thunder Bay Whiskey Jacks. I might get real minor league-y with the identity - a mix of whiskey label style/playing card jack/the bird - or I might go with just the bird. We shall see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mcrosby said:

I think I'll probably bring back the Thunder Bay Whiskey Jacks. I might get real minor league-y with the identity - a mix of whiskey label style/playing card jack/the bird - or I might go with just the bird. We shall see. 

 

Yes, have always loved the Whiskey Jacks name and logo.

 Border Cats had a day they wore Whiskey Jacks jerseys this past season and may do it again.

 

Also, the Whiskey Jack (Gray Jay, Canada Jay, etc.) was Royal Canadian Geographic Society's choice for Canada's national bird:

https://www.canadiangeographic.ca/article/meet-our-national-bird-gray-jay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope you get around to my (former) hometown team, the Rochester Honkers. For such a unique name, the logo is boring as sin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ChicagoOakland said:

I really hope you get around to my (former) hometown team, the Rochester Honkers. For such a unique name, the logo is boring as sin.

I love their R logo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mcrosby said:

I love their R logo. 

 

I guess it's not all that bad, I mean it's an improvement from the prior version.

rochesterhonkers.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChicagoOakland said:

 

I guess it's not all that bad, I mean it's an improvement from the prior version.

rochesterhonkers.gif

 

That brings me to my next question: How does the Rx play with the locals? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.