Northwoods League Rebrand

mcrosby

Hey, just caught up on this thread and wanted to say that I'm really enjoying what you have done so far. All of the artwork are especially brilliant! The baseball inside the astronaut helmet with a face of a dog inside it is just... mind-blowing. VERY creative!

Can't wait to see what you have so far.

Really liking the MoonDogs. It could possibly use a vertical reflection line on the right side of the visor to accompany the two circular reflections, but all in all it's very good. For the Bullfrogs, it's a great start if you can figure out how to incorporate the team name in there. It might not be necessary but you could experiment with adding a white highlight to the frog's skin to give it a "slippery" look.

• 1 year later...

Like what you've done so far - especially the Moon Dogs update. 

The league logo is also a major improvement.

If you get to the Thunder Bay Border Cats would you consider modifying or renaming the team.

Have always disliked Border Cats as a name; just because you're the only Canadian team in the league doesn't mean you need Border in the name.  I think 'Border' is as bad as or worse than 'Thunder' that in previous local minor league hockey teams Thunder Bay Thunder Hawks and Thunder Bay Thunder Cats and though not as bad the current university team Lakehead Thunderwolves.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

As someone who's gone to some Northwoods League games, I just have to say thank you for re-branding the league and some teams. I love the re-brand so far and I can't wait to see what you come up with for all the teams, seeing as most of them have very unusual names.

15 hours ago, greyraven8 said:

Like what you've done so far - especially the Moon Dogs update. 

The league logo is also a major improvement.

If you get to the Thunder Bay Border Cats would you consider modifying or renaming the team.

Have always disliked Border Cats as a name; just because you're the only Canadian team in the league doesn't mean you need Border in the name.  I think 'Border' is as bad as or worse than 'Thunder' that in previous local minor league hockey teams Thunder Bay Thunder Hawks and Thunder Bay Thunder Cats and though not as bad the current university team Lakehead Thunderwolves.

I think I'll probably bring back the Thunder Bay Whiskey Jacks. I might get real minor league-y with the identity - a mix of whiskey label style/playing card jack/the bird - or I might go with just the bird. We shall see. 

3 hours ago, mcrosby said:

I think I'll probably bring back the Thunder Bay Whiskey Jacks. I might get real minor league-y with the identity - a mix of whiskey label style/playing card jack/the bird - or I might go with just the bird. We shall see. 

Yes, have always loved the Whiskey Jacks name and logo.

Border Cats had a day they wore Whiskey Jacks jerseys this past season and may do it again.

Also, the Whiskey Jack (Gray Jay, Canada Jay, etc.) was Royal Canadian Geographic Society's choice for Canada's national bird:

https://www.canadiangeographic.ca/article/meet-our-national-bird-gray-jay

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Archived