Favorite/Least Favorite Jersey # changes

Lumbergh

Along those lines, All-Star Amar'e Stoudemire changed his from #32 to #1 because, according to him, there was only "one" person believed he would make it back from injury—himself. Yeah, OK. Sounds like everyone else was right.

amare_stoudemire2.jpgsuns-amare-stoudemire-cropped-file-66f9c

I hated when he did that. That kinda started the 1 or 0 trend we keep seeing in the NBA. I used to have a 32 throwback Suns jersey and I loved it!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do NASCAR drivers in different car numbers count?

Yeah sure. I think it's dumb that NASCAR put #3 back into rotation.

MLB isn't going to put #42 back in, NHL not going to put #99 back in... stick with it. There's not a lot of heritage untouchables an organization can embrace, why toss one out when it's working?

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

I agree about Kobe's switch, To me, when an established star player changes numbers after selling millions in merchandise...without changing teams...sounds like a selfish attempt to sell more jerseys to me. Kobe, selfish? Nahhhhhhhh...

One of the theories on the switch, is that in his eternal quest to one-up his Airness he wanted to be one more than Jordan. Hence, Jordan was 23 on the NBA, Kobe switched to 24. Jordan had 6 rings, He wanted 7. Jordan wore 9 on the USA team, Kobe used 10.

Archived