Nike NCAA Football Concepts (ACC 7/14: Miami)

colinturner95

Is Duke a football school? Despite 5 straight bowl losses, the Blue Devils have appeared in 3 straight bowl games. I think they are on their way up in the football world.

U9bRu6A.png

I think Duke can go without black.

- blue and white helmets, with the angled D on the sides. Appropriated the basketball shorts stripe for the helmet stripe

- blue and white jerseys, no fancy font, DUKE on the chest, same stripe on the sleeves.

- blue and white pants, same stripe there too

C and C is always welcome

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see horns on the helmet because

- Duke's nickname is the Blue Devils (yet somehow it was founded by Quakers), however they always make it feel like they are the Duke Blue. They never incorporate any devil into anything.

-It would be a nice tribute to the minor league baseball team 5 minutes away, the Durham Bulls (like the movie). I know because i've driven there with an hour to 1st pitch, ran up and down the stairs at Wade Wallace, and still make it 30 minutes before first pitch.

-It would just look good.

My work here is done.

s92TZyo.png

I though Nike was a 8/10 with Florida State (after they changed the shade of garnet and changed the numbers on the away)

-Not much changed. One main helmet, gold with the spears. Nothing new here.

-Also two main jerseys, red and white. Same pattern on the sleeves and collar. "SEMINOLES" and "FLORIDA STATE" grace the chests.

-Now three sets of pants, garnet, gold and white. Not blank, this time with the feather on the side, like the 1st gen Pro Combats.

-All Black Pro Combat Rivalry uniform. Not to be intermixed with the normal set.

C and C welcome.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

A colored jersey should never have colored numbers (unless BFBS or alt or special rivalry, etc) imo.. Colored jerseys should have white numbers with colored outline, white jerseys should have darker colored numbers with lighter colored outline.. Otherwise, I love what you've done here.. Only other nitpick would be Clemson.. I'm not a fan of darker middle stripe with lighter outer stripe.. I'd prefer you change that throughout the uniform, but then I guess you'd have almost their exact current set, so I can see why you changed it, although I think it's a downgrade for them.. I'm excited to see what's next though! Keep up the good work

Clemson looks great with or without purple, but I like it better without. My only complaint about Boston College is the "BC" where there should be a name.

Duke looks awesome. Great job!!

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Clemson looks great with or without purple, but I like it better without. My only complaint about Boston College is the "BC" where there should be a name.

Duke looks awesome. Great job!!

The "BC" is just a placeholder. In reality there would be a name there

AmPJ0Ty.png 

So the plan for this series, if I can keep it going, is to go conference by conference, team by team systematically. Maybe not the best way, but its how I do things.

Meanwhile here's Georgia Tech.

IzrSThO.png

Unfortunately, ColorWerx is not accessible at the moment, so my colors won't be as presice as I'd like, so if this gold is wrong, I apologize

Georgia Tech still wears white at home in this instance.

-Gold and white helmet with GT on the side. No stripe, nothing too fancy

-I went back to the asymmetrical double stripe pattern from the Johnson era. But I kept the honeycomb pattern but reduced its use drastically.

-White, gold, navy uniforms, asym. double stripe, unique font. Yellow jacket logo at the collar.

-Pants have the double stripe pattern

C and C welcome.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

For Duke, my concern is the helmet stripes goes to a point in the back, whereas the shoulder stripes come to a point in the front.

And for Florida State, I don't think the "Florida State" wordmark needs to be on the chest. Because of the sleeves and collar, it would be a stronger uniform without the mark. Love the white and garnet pants, though.

Georgia Tech is really good.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived