UNLV new football uniforms

caffeinejunkie42

UNLV's new head coach is from Bishop Gorman High School there in Vegas and he's a fan of various different uniform combinations. They had at least three helmets last season and I couldn't even tell you how many jersey/pant combos.

I don't see this ending well. Has a HS head coach ever made a successful transition into D1 in the last half century?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UNLV's new head coach is from Bishop Gorman High School there in Vegas and he's a fan of various different uniform combinations. They had at least three helmets last season and I couldn't even tell you how many jersey/pant combos.

I don't see this ending well. Has a HS head coach ever made a successful transition into D1 in the last half century?

UNLV has been absolutely garbage the past several years, its worth the risk.

Much of this redesign feels like a lazy, half-hearted attempt at appealing to recruits who get enamored with new uniforms but at a very low quality level. All the mockups with no actual photos of full uniform just looks like they don't actually have any of the uniforms elements besides the helmets and a couple jerseys. Biggest issue is still with the white pants as the way they have "Las Vegas" on them is just backward from how everyone else prints words on their pants.

Art Briles is probably the closest but even he had two or three years as an assistant at Texas Tech before landing the Houston job.

Gus Malzahn also came from High School to be offensive coordinator at Arkansas then on Tulsa then Auburn I believe but I do not remember any that went straight to head coach that were successful.

Art Briles is probably the closest but even he had two or three years as an assistant at Texas Tech before landing the Houston job.

Gus Malzahn also came from High School to be offensive coordinator at Arkansas then on Tulsa then Auburn I believe but I do not remember any that went straight to head coach that were successful.

Yeah I would have said Gus too but he was a coordinator for 6 years before becoming a head coach. I think that's a much more understandable timeline for the transition than straight to the top.

I had the joy of playing in the same conference as Malzahn when he coached high school football in Arkansas. His team got moved in to our division my senior year. Hands down the best team we ever played.

I've noticed a lot of teams are adding sayings on the inside collar of their jerseys. Didn't the Browns new jerseys have something on the inside? Do you really think this is as much for the players, or as a selling point for Nike? I know that some of those things are tradition, but how important is that really to some of the players?

Also, I hate the backwards Las Vegas, almost as much as I hate the backwards Nike symbol.... It still bugs me.

My word, I thought this was a joke until I looked it up.

Anyway, I really like both helmets. Hate the uniforms, especially the joke of an attempt on the white pants. Looks cheap.

IOWA HAWKEYES // KANSAS CITY CHIEFS // MINNESOTA TWINS

My word, I thought this was a joke until I looked it up.

Anyway, I really like both helmets. Hate the uniforms, especially the joke of an attempt on the white pants. Looks cheap.

That would be a really really really bad joke... and I never joke when it comes to uniforms. This is a serious forum. ;)

Didn't the Browns new jerseys have something on the inside?

They used to have players on the inside. Now it only says "The brown stays the same"

Ah yes, thank you for your witty comment, but it didn't help answer my question, so I sought it out myself. The inside of their jersey says 'Dawg Pound' which seems a bit pointless, and just a selling point. Obviously Nike is trying to make a trend of it.

They used to have players on the inside. Now it only says "The brown stays the same"

Ah yes, thank you for your witty comment, but it didn't help answer my question, so I sought it out myself. The inside of their jersey says 'Dawg Pound' which seems a bit pointless, and just a selling point. Obviously Nike is trying to make a trend of it.

It's called the "hanger effect". It's been a trend for a while, I think it started in the NBA and other teams started copying it.

Why in the world would they rip-off our (Rutgers fan here) ugly unis?

BTW: Would any of you be able to help me design a Rutgers football re-do? I tried posting a request for this on the forum, but I'm not allowed to start new topics as of yet.

It's called the "hanger effect". It's been a trend for a while, I think it started in the NBA and other teams started copying it.

Thank you. I have a Winter Classic jersey that has the date in that place and I like that because has significance in the overall design of the jersey. I think it kind of sucks to add to a college jersey just to create an extra selling point.

Reportedly, the group who owns and runs the UFC (all Bishop Gorman alumni) agreed to dump a truck load of cash to the football program if they agreed to hire Sanchez.

Texas.gif

Archived