Unused Logos and Uniforms

On 5/9/2024 at 10:44 PM, kolob said:

kinda looks like Sam the Eagle.

Its from the 80s when all the teams  had unofficial single letter logos based off of their logos. 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 11:01 PM, DustDevil61 said:

I’m not sure where to post this, but I think this is the best place to mention this, but apparently there was a Baltimore Ravens “Throwback” quickly-pulled-from-production mini helmet that had the 1996-98 front-facing swooping bird on it (the same one that adorned the sleeves in that same timeframe) on eBay. (Sorry, as well—I got outbid on it. Lousy timing, ending during my work shift.)

This brings up a few intriguing questions: Did the Ravens ever plan on using this logo? Was it after the logo lawsuit, or was it supposed to be the primary logo?  Is this the closest the Ravens could legally get to the winged B-Shield, or was this a fabrication from someone wanting to trick someone into buying it?

Here are the screenshots for reference:

DlMjnh5.png

z1MVVpc.png

1in7QZd.png

I like this helmet better! I wish they went with this.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Someone linked to Verlander Design's portfolio in the NFL Changes thread and I stumbled upon some concept designs that were pitched to the Tennessee Titans.

For context, Verlander would go on to create the current identities (and now-former uniforms) for the Texans, Cardinals, Bengals, and Falcons. 

Ultimately, the team/league decided to go with the "flaming thumbtack" brand we know today, but I don't recall these ever being shared here before (if they have, I apologize - but I'm not about to sift through 70+ pages of content :P)

https://verlanderdesign.com/#/nfl-tennessee-titans/

verlander.nfl.titans.02.jpg?format=750w

verlander.nfl.titans.03.jpg?format=750w

verlander.nfl.titans.05.jpg?format=750w

verlander.nfl.titans.07.jpg?format=750w

verlander.nfl.titans.04.jpg?format=750w

Interestingly enough, there's also some unused concept logos and uniforms for the Bengals in his portfolio, too:

verlander.nfl.bengals.17.jpg?format=750w

verlander.nfl.bengals.16.jpg?format=750wverlander.nfl.bengals.13.jpg?format=750w

verlander.nfl.bengals.11.jpg?format=750w

Those pants, though...

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • WOAH 1
  • Huh? 1

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

8 hours ago, LAWeaver said:

Someone linked to Verlander Design's portfolio in the NFL Changes thread and I stumbled upon some concept designs that were pitched to the Tennessee Titans.

For context, Verlander would go on to create the current identities (and now-former uniforms) for the Texans, Cardinals, Bengals, and Falcons. 

Ultimately, the team/league decided to go with the "flaming thumbtack" brand we know today, but I don't recall these ever being shared here before (if they have, I apologize - but I'm not about to sift through 70+ pages of content :P)

https://verlanderdesign.com/#/nfl-tennessee-titans/

verlander.nfl.titans.02.jpg?format=750w

verlander.nfl.titans.03.jpg?format=750w

verlander.nfl.titans.05.jpg?format=750w

verlander.nfl.titans.07.jpg?format=750w

verlander.nfl.titans.04.jpg?format=750w

Interestingly enough, there's also some unused concept logos and uniforms for the Bengals in his portfolio, too:

verlander.nfl.bengals.17.jpg?format=750w

verlander.nfl.bengals.16.jpg?format=750wverlander.nfl.bengals.13.jpg?format=750w

Those pants, though...

The sleeves would work, but the pants can be tossed in the trash.

Indigo and slate grey looks well on the Titans.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LAWeaver said:

Those pants, though...

Seriously. Makes me want to break out my Jams Pants.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

YES

Does any team in any league use indigo?

Depends what you mean by that since indigo, is just a shade of purple, and most teams that use purple tend to be in more of the the blue range like indigo than the red range of violet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not an unused uniform, but an unused element of a uniform. When the Arizona Coyotes unveiled their last alternate uniform, it included the unique touch of having the crescent moon logo function as the captain's patch.

spacer.png

However the Yotes didn't have a captain at the time, and never named one before moving to Utah, so we never got to see the captain's patch on the ice.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/22/2024 at 12:21 PM, spartacat_12 said:

Not an unused uniform, but an unused element of a uniform. When the Arizona Coyotes unveiled their last alternate uniform, it included the unique touch of having the crescent moon logo function as the captain's patch.

spacer.png

However the Yotes didn't have a captain at the time, and never named one before moving to Utah, so we never got to see the captain's patch on the ice.

Unique captain patches like this and the Atlanta Flames logo for the Calgary alt captains are underrated uniform details

• Like 4