Unused Logos and Uniforms

6 hours ago, ieatstaples said:

Relatively tame, but remember when the Preds' jersey redesign included "Nashville" to the left of the collar?

I thought that was cool, actually. It was a small thing, but suitably modern for a team like the Preds.

On 12/6/2019 at 8:30 AM, jsd1996475 said:

Not really.  You brought up a totally different topic.  I replied.  It's ironic that you think you're so smart and you need everything explained to you.  Ironic and also Idiotic.

You'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, my friend.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

uUL9LPa.jpg

So when the Solar Bears first came back, the logo shown above was in their graphic package but almost immediately disappeared and has never been used by the club. In the past two seasons or so, the Jr Solar Bears travel program all of the sudden started using it as their crest. 

Thoughts on it? I really like the pose alluding to the common sight around Orlando of an alligator cruising with just its head and snout above the water. I've never been able to track down a non-picture graphic of this logo, it's better than the ones they use currently imo.

• Like 18

3 hours ago, twi said:

Thoughts on it? I really like the pose alluding to the common sight around Orlando of an alligator cruising with just its head and snout above the water. I've never been able to track down a non-picture graphic of this logo, it's better than the ones they use currently imo.

All of the polar bears displaced by climate change weep at this image.

• Like 5

I cannot recall if these have been posted before, but my search through this thread has turned up nothing, so here goes. This YouTube video shows a number of unused logo ideas for the Sabres before they rebranded into the Goathead design. Some of them are, uh, interesting. And all of them are very 90's NHL.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This one has a few unused logos, but also features (albeit very blurry) images of some jersey concepts. Would these be scrapped thirds, or more unused rebrand ideas?

spacer.png

• Like 14

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2020 at 9:27 AM, Wentz2Jeffery said:

I don’t know if this was posted yet but here’s the Lions color rush uniforms from 2016 that they never wore since they got new uniforms the next seasonNEWS_160919923_AR_0_QJJRFNIGRJVH.jpg

There's also the Redskins' mustard uniforms that that actually opted out of wearing on TNF, going with all maroon instead.Redskins will reportedly not wear their 'Color Rush' uniforms ...Ranking the NFL's Color Rush uniforms

A lot of people (including me) also seem to forget that the Buccaneers red color rush had a phantom yoke in it's first game, and first game only.The Bucs and Rams unveil final set of NFL Color Rush uniforms ...Articles Page 321 of 1383 | Pewter Report

• Like 7

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

6 hours ago, coco1997 said:

If it was a "prototype", why would it have retail tags?

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So I remember when this Blue Jackets prototype was found in 2014, but I didn't realize there was a blue version too.

IMG_5267.jpg

IMG_7405.jpg

And an interesting note at the bottom of the blog:

A third prototype is known which is very similar to this one.  It lacks the alternating, horizontal blue stripes and has a nameplate and numbers affixed.  I hope the owner will let me photograph it one day to share on this blog.

• Like 8
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On 3/19/2020 at 9:57 PM, Ridleylash said:

I cannot recall if these have been posted before, but my search through this thread has turned up nothing, so here goes. This YouTube video shows a number of unused logo ideas for the Sabres before they rebranded into the Goathead design. Some of them are, uh, interesting. And all of them are very 90's NHL.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Why is the first hockey-stick-tailed buffalo running on top of an old turntable?

And how is the other one snorting if it has been killed and mounted over someone's fireplace?

• Like 3

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I saw these posted to facebook the other day on a jersey selling group. I thought this was really interesting direction that the Oilers were looking to go. Clearly the Orange base was the plan for a while, even before navy came into the mix. These do look legit, but I'm not 100% sure...

OilersPrototype1.JPG

(The other images are in a spoiler, because they're huge...)

Spoiler

OilersPrototype2.JPG

OilersPrototype3.JPG

OilersPrototype4.JPG

• Like 5

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

23 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

I saw these posted to facebook the other day on a jersey selling group. I thought this was really interesting direction that the Oilers were looking to go. Clearly the Orange base was the plan for a while, even before navy came into the mix. These do look legit, but I'm not 100% sure...

OilersPrototype1.JPG

Reveal hidden contents

OilersPrototype2.JPG

OilersPrototype3.JPG

OilersPrototype4.JPG

Much better than they had now. But the Oilers’ home should always be royal blue. The orange should’ve the alternate. Home jersey? No.  

• Like 2

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

On 2/14/2017 at 1:07 PM, Gobbi said:

Has anyone seen the old Canucks logo coloured this way before? This is the first I've ever seen of it. Source

pat-quinn-canucks.png

This existed on the wall of the Coliseum for about a decade. I asked about it, but was told it was just how the designer wanted it. I have never been able to find it on any merch 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2020 at 5:26 PM, chcarlson23 said:

OilersPrototype1.JPG

Hide contents

OilersPrototype2.JPG

OilersPrototype3.JPG

OilersPrototype4.JPG

Thanks for sharing. Is that the previous shade of orange as well?

The Oilers announced in March 2017 they'd be wearing the orange alternates in that year's playoffs and would be switching to an orange home jersey when adidas took over in the fall. There was a huge push from the organization to get fans to wear orange to the games.

I think most people still view the Oilers as a primarily blue team, and the colour change has been a bust. The 2015-17 uniforms were near perfect.