Unused Logos and Uniforms

Definitely want to see that state outline/viking ship logo in a bigger size. I'm barely seeing a ship.

And side logos over top of the pants stripe? Ewwwww.

It's actually fairly common. The Bills have a logo on top of the pants stripe, and in NCAA, Florida has it, and Louisville had it last year.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I like Designs 5 and 8.

Design 5 does the whole "blending the pants stripe into the side of the jersey" thing but not as tacky as the chosen set did. The piping on the jersey is not good. and I don't love the font. I love the shoulder stripes and I think they may have had the ability to stick around longer than what was selected.

Design 8:

Love the top one that unifies the UCLA stripes. My only beef is the yellow stripe on the bottom of the purple sleeve and the side panel on the white jersey. OK and I don't loved the state logo on the pants, but I can live with these things because I always loved the UCLA stripes on the Vikes white jersey and wanted to see it on the purple. They could have phased out some of the minor problems. The bottom option of design 8 would have been a minor update of what they had. Unnecessary (and, therefore, much better than what they did)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Definitely want to see that state outline/viking ship logo in a bigger size. I'm barely seeing a ship.

And side logos over top of the pants stripe? Ewwwww.

14914858931_d37cbc9e66_m.jpg

Thought I was going to like this. It's a cool idea and all, but way too busy and jumbled. Glad they ended up not using it. I guess leave the state outline for the Twins.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

• 2 weeks later...

So apparently, Reebok tried to have the NBA prototype the "Edge" jerseys with that bottom striping before adopting that visual look to the NHL three years later.

I can't post a pic because I don't have a VHS player, but I have a tape called "Hornets Hysteria" that reviews the inaugural 1988-89 Charlotte Hornets season. It briefly shows the Hornets' prototype uniforms - similar to the uniforms eventually worn but with "Charlotte" and the numbers in purple.

• Like 1

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I don't know if you remember that Pacers concept from 90's that Colorwerx said about it. (you can find photos on google). I'm searching nba site from 90's and in their store (site was from 96 probably) I found this:

B5941BX.gif

So, it's look like this concept was very close to be their look for many years.

4r2eer.png

I can't post a pic because I don't have a VHS player, but I have a tape called "Hornets Hysteria" that reviews the inaugural 1988-89 Charlotte Hornets season. It briefly shows the Hornets' prototype uniforms - similar to the uniforms eventually worn but with "Charlotte" and the numbers in purple.

Take a pic with your phone and upload it.

• Like 1

Take a pic with your phone and upload it.

I don't have a VHS player. To play the tape.

• Like 3

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

If it was used back in '05 I woulda said that is somewhat similar to the Sonics design. If it were unveiled tomorrow I'd welcome it with open arms over what they use now.

• Like 2

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png