Unused Logos and Uniforms

Dallas seems to have all sorts of half-baked ideas that get shut down right before they make the ice

DallasStarsAltGold_small.jpg

This was from somewhere around 2002. A version used to be on nhluniforms.com, but I think most of the never-worns are gone. this one got all the way to the retail stage. Had a chance to buy one a few years ago for around $200, I wish I would have jumped on it.

This font was also played with in 1993

prototypes43cx700.jpg

Interesting, but I'm glad it never made it.

Goes all the way back to the North Stars days, they dropped this after their unlikely cup run in 1981

You know, I can understand the mustard one. That seemed to be the big color at the time and a few teams were rushing to make alternates that color. I didn't realize there was as much green on it as there was as most photos I saw looked all black thanks to the darkness of the green they used. I hate the neckline though, I really don't know what they were trying there.

As for the font, I kind of like that. It would have been a bit of an adaptation on the block font, which had become a North Stars trademark. Of course, it would have been better to just take the block font and keep it as it was in the new colors. Broadcasters also complained about the green numbers being hard to read, but I loved them. I hated that the Stars went to a darker shade in year two in Dallas.

Dallas seems to have all sorts of half-baked ideas that get shut down right before they make the ice

DallasStarsAltGold_small.jpg

You know, I can understand the mustard one. That seemed to be the big color at the time and a few teams were rushing to make alternates that color. I didn't realize there was as much green on it as there was as most photos I saw looked all black thanks to the darkness of the green they used. I hate the neckline though, I really don't know what they were trying there.

I can think of two... The Stars and Preds

This seems kinda sketchy. You'd think a rare prototype jersey would have a way higher starting bid then $65, and there's no kind of official paperwork regarding it's authenticity.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

This seems kinda sketchy. You'd think a rare prototype jersey would have a way higher starting bid then $65, and there's no kind of official paperwork regarding it's authenticity.
Granted I'm just on my phone and have a small screen, but that doesn't look like a CCM collar either.

I'd heard of the "blade wing" Capitals logo before, but I'd never heard it got beyond some rough sketch ideas. Very interesting to see it on a real jersey.

I see that upon deciding which new RBK jersey they were going to use, they had to choose between a really bad one, and two more really bad ones.

It was bound to be a disaster, regardless of which road they'd opt to take.

I don't understand why they didn't just keep their pre-edge design. It could've easily been adapted to the edge template.

To be honest that almost seems as big of a stretch as the people who said the piping on the Blues' Edge unis represent the St. Louis Arch.

And the throwbacks are awesome. I mean yeah the logo sucks, but it's the same on the prototypes with an inferior color scheme.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

I brought this one up a long time ago, but here are the unused uniforms that the Angels included in a 1995 Style Guide:

AnaheimAngels_PropUNG0100a_1995_SCC_SRGB

Aside from the silly shoulder panels, another difference is a lighter shade of Dark Blue/Navy...more of a Royal initially.

• Like 1