Unused Logos and Uniforms

This Bucs Jersey was sold in stores but the Bucs never wore it in a game. ronde-barber-tampa-bay-buccaneers-black-

It was a fashion jersey, many other teams had them.

Correct, I remember seeing gold Rams, yellow Vikes, Chiefs, & Packers, silver Lions & Raiders, red Titans, etc....

I had an old silver Seahawks jersey but I think it was a Puma one. Shawn Springs was the player.

I know these have already been posted, but here's a good pic of the "original" Jaguars uniforms

spt_Weaverjersy11309.jpg

Somehow, that jersey manages to be more 90s than the Islanders Fisherman jersey.

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It's the perfect blend of big logo, asymmetrical design, color scheme and complete lack of reverence for any guideline to uniform design previously upheld, that Jaguars uniform is everything 90's uniforms have to offer besides gradients.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

Now that's a new one. Flying Elvis is a way better helmet logo than melting bullseye.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I know these have already been posted, but here's a good pic of the "original" Jaguars uniforms

spt_Weaverjersy11309.jpg

Saved! Love those jerseys. Nice to see an actual photo of the stripe/Jaguar instead of a mock-up or a skewed view.

Did they only have numbers on one sleeve?

• 4 weeks later...

I know it's hard to believe, but there are indeed uniforms that Oregon rejects:

rCM6PZr.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RAREST-OF-RARE-NIKE-OREGON-DUCKS-PROTOTYPE-SIGNED-PHIL-KNIGHT-FOOTBALL-JERSEY-/381056441251?pt=US_NCAA_Fan_Shop&hash=item58b8bbdba3

And yes, it's real. Oregon previewed their 2006-2010 uniforms with this exact prototype number font in the 2005 Civil War:

vKNzbWn.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I know it's hard to believe, but there are indeed uniforms that Oregon rejects:

rCM6PZr.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RAREST-OF-RARE-NIKE-OREGON-DUCKS-PROTOTYPE-SIGNED-PHIL-KNIGHT-FOOTBALL-JERSEY-/381056441251?pt=US_NCAA_Fan_Shop&hash=item58b8bbdba3

And yes, it's real. Oregon previewed their 2006-2010 uniforms with this exact prototype number font in the 2005 Civil War:

That looks like the same design that Florida and Virginia Tech had with the one orange sleeve that everyone hated.

Looks like the Saints strongly considered switching to serif numbers (and white numbers at home) in 2000:

3R1tcox.jpg

qPF38NB.jpg

eT9HzQK.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-NFL-NEW-ORLEANS-SAINTS-PROTO-TYPE-PRESENTATION-COMPLETE-UNIFORM-IN-BOX-/111429370284?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19f1b541ac

But this could be an eBay hoax, but glad they didn't. They look way too much like the Ravens, sans purple.

It isn't a hoax, it was an actual prototype. They used to have a section in the teams HOF inside the Superdome called "The Locker Room" that featured all of the teams previous uniforms that they wore. When I looked around I saw this prototype on the floor and posted on the wall next to it were it's concepts and a write up about the proposed change. Apparently the NFL was toying with the idea of letting teams wear alternate helmets and the Saints proposed a black one similar to their illegal '69 version but with their current logo.

That section in the Superdome has since been closed off for more player portraits and the uniforms relocated to an inclosed glass wall section. I didn't see the prototype amongst the uniforms although it was only about three of them in there. I snapped as many pics as I could at the time, they're crude, but so was my Samsung slide out at the time LOL.

rurturtu_zps27056dea.jpg

helmet_zps9c5de52d.jpg

Uni_zps661cd2ca.jpg

Prototype-SaintsBlackHelmet_zps72455808.

Jersey-Back_zpsc9dbe0eb.jpg

• Like 1

I just stumbled on a July 2013 uniwatch note that claims the original Buccaneers were to look like this:

(Near bottom: http://www.uni-watch.com/2013/07/15/a-day-at-the-mlb-all-star-fanfast/)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• 2 weeks later...

Could we get a font made of those unused (or, if they're a hoax, "unused") Saints uniform numbers (the 1A variety)? They're actually pretty nice and I'd love to have them for concepts and such.

It looks like a font called Seabird that I used on my St Louis Stallions concept if its not the font its pretty close