Unused Logos and Uniforms

As I understand it, something like this --

sw4v9d.jpg

Yep. With pants to match.

I kind of like that and don't think it would be that bad with matching pants. I've always maintained it is only a matter of time before colored pants make a comeback in mlb.

• Like 1

I have a Black KC Chiefs Trent Green jersey like this. I'm pretty sure they've never worn something like this. Always wondered if it was just an alternate style to sell to fans or a scrapped idea? Never been able to find anything about it.

trent-green-black-kansas-city-chiefs-you

100% never worn on the field. Early 00s-style fashion jersey.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

...and here's what was originally proposed and not used:

DCUnited_UPM0100a_1996.png

This last one is a scan of an official MLS logosheet from 1996.

Well, that's certainly... German.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As a kid with no soccer knowledge when the MLS started I thought United was a 90's-tastic singular nickname as in Dallas Burn, Miami Fusion, Tampa Bay Mutiny, Columbus Crew, etc.

It wasn't until 2004 or 2005 when I realized it was more like Manchester United.

PvO6ZWJ.png

sw4v9d.jpg

I kinda dig those, but I love pinstripes. Would that jersey look better with matching pants or grey pants? I think I would change the logo and numbers to grey and match it with grey pants.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

sw4v9d.jpg

I kinda dig those, but I love pinstripes. Would that jersey look better with matching pants or grey pants? I think I would change the logo and numbers to grey and match it with grey pants.

Gray pants would be terrible. You never see pinstripes on top and solid on bottom worn by anyone who knows how to dress. It'd be like wearing a pinstriped suit jacket with khakis.

The more I think about this, I'm intrigued to see what it would look like on field, or at least on a model. I don't think we've ever seen the pants, nor do I think anyone's done a photoshop of the whole outfit.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Saints serif font #'s match their historic wordmark VERY well. They should make that change at some point!

I realize those are sort of Ravens-like (or Avalanche-like too) but it works for them. They need to have the Type 1A numeral "9" and all the others be the Type 1 design. Especially since their jersey sales would predominately be #9 anyway, can't imagine why...

The font has a little bit of the French Provincial feel to it to go along with the fleur-de-lis.

I have a Black KC Chiefs Trent Green jersey like this. I'm pretty sure they've never worn something like this. Always wondered if it was just an alternate style to sell to fans or a scrapped idea? Never been able to find anything about it.

I think it a fashion jersey but it would look good as an alternate just like the Buccaneers black jersey on MADDEN

• 1 month later...

Not sure this one was posted, but some unused Seattle Pilots stuff in here: http://toddradom.com/the-1969-seattle-pilots-one-team-one-season-many-uniforms/

• Like 1
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17