Unused Logos and Uniforms

• 1 month later...

Basically what the title says.

for me there is this yankees uniform. I wouldn't use it as the road but a alternate. note: image isn't working, click the link

8350_new_york_yankees-unused-1973.png

8350_new_york_yankees-unused-1973.png

I don't think that mockup is right - the pants should be navy with white pinstripes as well.

• Like 1

Would never want those to see the light of day. Not even as an alternate. If I'm paying to see the Yankees play in Yankees Stadium they better be wearing the classic navy pinstripes on white. It's part of the experience. It would suck if the team decided to dress in a clown suit the one time I get to see the Yankees play on their home turf in person.

As I understand it, something like this --

sw4v9d.jpg

Yep. With pants to match.

I kind of like that and don't think it would be that bad with matching pants. I've always maintained it is only a matter of time before colored pants make a comeback in mlb.

I kinda dig those for an away uni.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Would never want those to see the light of day. Not even as an alternate. If I'm paying to see the Yankees play in Yankees Stadium they better be wearing the classic navy pinstripes on white. It's part of the experience. It would suck if the team decided to dress in a clown suit the one time I get to see the Yankees play on their home turf in person.

That's how I feel when I manage to see the Mets and they are not wearing pinstripes or their greys.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Yeah, I think the Amtrak Buffalo is terrific. The color scheme may not be, and the uniforms certainly weren't, but like you said, they had the right answer.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

0mt4pngrhioi7ty3ud6q.gif

I just realized that this logo resembles the old Calgary Flames alt logo. Coincidence?kohc3s8yz5fi74z6ojk1od6ah.gif

At least the Colts one has hair...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Remember that Canucks prototype that showed up on eBay back in July? The matching home sweater has now surfaced:

rmAdYXS.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-BLUE-AUTHENTIC-REEBOK-VANCOUVER-CANUCKS-PROTOTYPE-HOCKEY-JERSEY-SZ-56-/191501598051?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2c96627d63

All those bright colors and they choose black for the base of the jersey? Blecch.

That's navy but yeah, that's a drab, depressing base colour.

Curious why they scrapped silver all together in favor of black. It worked out for them, but seemed like an unnecessary mod since they revamped marks would've worked just fine in those colors.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."