Unused Logos and Uniforms

http://s1112.photobucket.com/user/NASCARFAN160/library/Atlanta%20Thrashers%20Prototype%20Jerseys%20in%20NHL%202000?sort=3&page=1I was randomly searching something about a particular jersey and this came up. I have no idea if this legit or not but the person who posted this claims this is a prototype jersey that was in NHL 2000, that wasn't used by the Thrashers. Does anyone know? If this has been posted before, my apologies.

• 2 months later...

From Uni Watch Blog today

User Actions

Follow

9Qi_mwHH_bigger.jpegVintage MN Hockey@VintageMNHockey

This photo surfaced @UniWatch from a @9modano & Smith signing in 1989 (Never seen ☆ prototype jersey in background)?

CW7SQ9mWcAAnJPx.jpg

I know I've never seen these jerseys before, has anyone else? There's some snazzy elements to them, but probably an overall mess. Thoughts?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

User Actions
Follow

This photo surfaced @UniWatch from a @9modano & Smith signing in 1989 (Never seen ☆ prototype jersey in background)?

CW7SQ9mWcAAnJPx.jpg

I know I've never seen these jerseys before, has anyone else? There's some snazzy elements to them, but probably an overall mess. Thoughts?

Overall mess indeed but an interesting idea.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

User Actions
Follow

Ugh, those sleeves remind me of the horrible Kings jersey

User Actions
Follow

CW7SQ9mWcAAnJPx.jpg

If I recall this jersey was proposed for the North Stars because they played in the Norris Division which at the time was dubbed the Black and Blue division due to the fact that all the teams in that division played tough hard hitting hockey. The designer came up with a black jersey to reflect that and a corresponding white. The plan was to actually have it be an alternate uniform set to the classic green/gold set. But when they found out they couldn't use it without making it a full time home/away set, it was dropped.

The secondary logo on the arm was the inspiration for their uniform change 3 years later.

• Like 2

The Catch of the Day!

As I understand it, something like this --

sw4v9d.jpg

Yep. With pants to match.

I kind of like that and don't think it would be that bad with matching pants. I've always maintained it is only a matter of time before colored pants make a comeback in mlb.

I kinda dig those for an away uni.

Can we get a Yankees minor league team to try them out?

• Like 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

User Actions
Follow

CW7SQ9mWcAAnJPx.jpg

If I recall this jersey was proposed for the North Stars because they played in the Norris Division which at the time was dubbed the Black and Blue division due to the fact that all the teams in that division played tough hard hitting hockey. The designer came up with a black jersey to reflect that and a corresponding white. The plan was to actually have it be an alternate uniform set to the classic green/gold set. But when they found out they couldn't use it without making it a full time home/away set, it was dropped.

The secondary logo on the arm was the inspiration for their uniform change 3 years later.

Looking at those stripes that go from the shoulders down to the gloves, I wonder if the Wild's original jerseys were inspired by these prototypes.

User Actions
Follow

CW7SQ9mWcAAnJPx.jpg

Looking at those stripes that go from the shoulders down to the gloves, I wonder if the Wild's original jerseys were inspired by these prototypes.

And the color of the stripe is the same color as the jersey (as opposed to the stripe being opposite color a la Winnipeg)? You might be on to something.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

User Actions
Follow

CW7SQ9mWcAAnJPx.jpg

Overall mess indeed but an interesting idea.

I'm glad they never went with those--I agree on the mess thing

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

2802.gif

Not sure if anyone's posted this, but this was the Colorado Rockies' original branding up until their debut season in 1993. Some people have told me it has something to do with the baseball and arch lettering, but the only people who know why it wasn't used is the Rockies themselves. It has to be one of the best logos i've seen from the 90s.

Here's some merchandise. It took me awhile to find some of this.

s-l300.jpg

il_340x270.594860592_cpcs.jpg

il_570xN.661282213_a0sh.jpg

auballcol.JPG

il_340x270.888405502_hrtp.jpg

$_1.JPG <----- This might be a baseball card