Unused Logos and Uniforms

Not a full uniform, but...

unused_jags_logo.png

The somewhat infamous original logo for the Jacksonville Jaguars, bound to be the franchise's primary logo but unused due to a potential lawsuit by Ford.

They made some merchandise with it. I'll look for a picture that I have and update asap.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

unused_jags_logo.png

The somewhat infamous original logo for the Jacksonville Jaguars, bound to be the franchise's primary logo but unused due to a potential lawsuit by Ford.

They made some merchandise with it. I'll look for a picture that I have and update asap.

I had a t-shirt with it back in the day...I think it's gone now...

I do have a bigger copy of this, but this is all I can post now, can't seem to find the larger version.

Milwaukee Bucks cancelled this alternate last minute a couple years back...

milbucksalternateuniform93.png

Had it launched, it might have saved that identity, especially if it had become the road. I like that the Bucks went back to their old color scheme with green as the focus, but I would have really liked to see this script on a jersey.

On 5/18/2010 at 9:53 AM, Hoopskid said:

I do have a bigger copy of this, but this is all I can post now, can't seem to find the larger version.

If I am not mistaken, that's the same script as the Brewers used on the road in the Ball-in-Glove days. I'm surprised that the Bucks were considering using that. Though it would have been a nice jersey.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

If I am not mistaken, that's the same script as the Brewers used on the road in the Ball-in-Glove days. I'm surprised that the Bucks were considering using that. Though it would have been a nice jersey.

I believe it was intended to be an homage to their older road set (seen here). I'm not sure if that's the same script the Brewers used. Might be slightly different.

unused_jags_logo.png

I had a t-shirt with it back in the day...I think it's gone now...

I have a pillow with that logo on it still up in my bedroom.

spacer.png

Does anyone have any pictures of the Penguins scrapped third jersey from 2003?

Link

The Penguins scrapped their plan to unveil a new third jersey in the 2003-04 season.

It would have been a virtual replica of the Columbia Blue jersey with the circular crest and tie-down collar the team wore, mostly in home games, from 1968-72.

The hemline would have had striping similar to the 1967 home jerseys.

The Penguins had reached the late planning stages with the jersey, to the point where a Penguins executive modeled it on ice for a videotape that was earmarked for NHL approval. The jersey was slated to be unveiled in June 2003 as part of the NHL's Vintage Program.

I'd like to actually see this. I recall the local news showing something at the time...

I have two versions....

one is just the uniforms and the other is the key with the numbers and all that jazz

and extra is one they were supposed to wear in 1997 (I think)...

BucksUnusuedAlternate.jpg

MilwaukeeBucks_AU_2005.jpg

MilwaukeeBucks_AUN_1997_SOL.gif

I have two versions....

one is just the uniforms and the other is the key with the numbers and all that jazz

That green alt is yicchy.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

unused_jags_logo.png

Actually, this logo of a jaguar looked to much like Jaguar's jaguar so in actuality, Jaguar had beef with the Jacksonville Jaguars jaguar logo.

...and who owns jaguar?...

Tata Motors

true that. till 08 and at the time of the jags, twas ford.

I know. I was attempting to be a smart ass.

Interesting how Jaguar went from being owned by a bunch of asses to being owned by boobies.

Hey pal- If FORD is such a bunch of asses then why are they the only U.S. car company to not be bailed out and taken over by the government? Ford has been doing very well on their own recently. And they don't owe Chairman Barack cent one. And FYI- this is Post No. 999 for me-the same number as the famous race car built by FORD and driven to many records by the legendary Barney Oldfield.

LOL at this guy. I really wanted him to finish off the post by doing a "back in my day" sort of comment where Coca Cola cost a nickel and how he had to walk ten miles in the snow to school.

'Bout time. Three pages before somebody posted that? ;)

I like this one, the intended 1970 Brewers uniforms (left).

1970Brewers.jpg

They only had a week to put their uniforms together, and by Opening Day they were wearing the uniform on the right. Guess taking the Pilots' trim off the sleeves was too much.

The neck and sleeve piping were added when the Brewers made their first uniform tweaks a couple years later:

408_Colborn_PSA10.jpg

• Like 1

I have two versions....

That green alt is yicchy.

Which one?