Unused Logos and Uniforms

16 hours ago, jlnhlfan said:

IMG_2178.PNG

Interesting find.  I wonder if this is a proposed design for the debut of the orca or if it was created after.  My guess is the former since that 'shimmer' material debuted the same year of the rebrand.  Then again, maybe it's just a fashion jersey.

Either way, the uniform looks very drab and lifeless.  The 1997-07 set wasn't particularly colourful, to begin with, but at least the blue and metallic silver gave the striping some interest.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another Sixers prototype, presumably from the mid-late 2000s:

NxWnd9V.jpg

xeKe53e.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adidas-NBA-sample-authentic-Philadelphia-76er-jersey-blank-pro-cut-Size-XL-/232159239398?hash=item360dc4dce6

This is not the same as the Sixers prototype I posted in September 2014 - the piping/panels are slightly different and the collar design is what the Hawks ended up using when they changed their uniforms in 2007.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Remember that Padres prototype that everyone went crazy for? Here are two of the caps that were considered to be worn with it:

Rare_Proto_Cap.jpg

Proto_Cap_2.jpg

http://www.gaslampball.com/2016/12/1/13804612/tfhs-closer-look-prototype-padres-brown-orange-1985-rare-asg-jersey-hat-yellow

And here's an interesting article from today about the design process:

http://www.gaslampball.com/2016/12/16/13933378/padres-prototype-jersey

• Like 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

On 12/4/2016 at 9:32 AM, Magic Dynasty said:

Here's a prototype Bucs road uniform for their inaugural year. Can anyone get a close-up of the logo on the sleeve?

original.jpg

That's actually really, really good. I'd personally get rid of the white outline in between the red and orange on the numbers, but other than that, this is pretty solid. That extra bit of red everywhere accents well with the orange.

• Like 3

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

So I was playing NBA 2K17, and when you choose to expand the league it gives you a picture of the '95 expansion draft:
KNYRdsH.jpg
And the first thing I notice is that Grizzlies script logo above Stern's head; was that ever used anywhere else after that expansion draft? 'Cause I'd never seen it before!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen this before? I was at a local mall, and I saw this in a sports shop... I actually saw a signed Modano Jersey like this hanging from the ceiling, but the Broten jersey was easier to get a photo of...

image1 (1).JPG

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Never.  I doubt it's legit.  It looks like someone tried to make a white that matched the green from the late 1980s era.  The two stripes going around the yoke tell me it's wrong.  Those would probably have stopped at the shoulder.  I think someone just made a fashion jersey.

All that said, it's really very nice looking.  The sleeve numbers have thicker outlines, which I like.

I will say this, they did a good job with the logo.  The points on the start get "flattened"  in the right spots.  It's a really nice-looking jersey but I doubt it's an unused prototype.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

12 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

Has anyone seen this before? I was at a local mall, and I saw this in a sports shop... I actually saw a signed Modano Jersey like this hanging from the ceiling, but the Broten jersey was easier to get a photo of...

image1 (1).JPG

Looking at the collar alone I can tell it's a fake but it's a nice looking fake.

• Like 1

XM4KeeA.png

Found this New Jersey Devils jersey on ebay today. I believe the Devils introduced these logos in 1996. They were mainly used for promoting the Devils Den merchandise catalog but do remember having a hat with the shoulder logo on it. 

Screenshot_20161230-200458.png

Screenshot_20161230-200501.png

Screenshot_20161230-200510.png

Screenshot_20161230-200506.png

IMG_0005.jpg.3ad6b608a1b222bebe66f6457a16c9bc.jpg

2 hours ago, Chico said:

Found this New Jersey Devils jersey on ebay today. I believe the Devils introduced these logos in 1996. They were mainly used for promoting the Devils Den merchandise catalog but do remember having a hat with the shoulder logo on it. 

That logo is legitimately frightening. They're already not using what they're actually named after (an animal) in their branding; why not take it a step further and actually adopt a non-cartoonish devil...no, that would be awful.

12 hours ago, Chico said:

That would be an awesome third jersey. Seriously I was always dismayed that the Devils never had an actual Devil logo. The old Jersey Devils of the EHL did.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b123/joeman44/front.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Lk_R3x2H_2s/TlpldoCp5eI/AAAAAAAAApM/T_nOuac1bW0/s1600/CaufieldWayneJerseyDevils196566h500.jpg

• Like 4

The Catch of the Day!

On December 29, 2016 at 1:36 PM, chcarlson23 said:

image1 (1).JPG

Fake or not, that's a beautiful uniform.  Love the shoulder yoke.

• Like 8

On 4/4/2016 at 9:02 AM, leopard88 said:

It's obvious that many of these were designed by a graduate of THE Ohio State University.

. . . and they're all pretty bad.

When people call it THE Ohio State University, I think of this:

The WH.jpg

• Like 7

brm76aa.jpg