Unused Logos and Uniforms

On 12/29/2016 at 2:36 PM, chcarlson23 said:

Has anyone seen this before? I was at a local mall, and I saw this in a sports shop... I actually saw a signed Modano Jersey like this hanging from the ceiling, but the Broten jersey was easier to get a photo of...

image1 (1).JPG

I think this might be a Thunder Bay North Stars jersey without the "Thunder Bay" over the N.

IMG_0220.JPG

• Like 5

9 hours ago, ADW77 said:

I'll take the opportunity to post these again so others can see them.

EX_BAL_93.jpg

EX_CAR_93.jpg

EX_JAC_93.jpg

EX_MEM_93.jpg

EX_STL_93.jpg

Bombers had nice proposed unis but a weak logo, Houndogs had weak logo and mediocre unis, Stallions had good unis and mediocre logo (which definitely looks like what the Broncos adopted in '97, so maybe it would've looked better and more original in '95 than today). The Panthers have the strongest look of these five proposals, and I'd say the Jags and Stallions would be tied for second. The two that were ultimately chosen definitely make sense from a visual perspective.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2016 at 11:02 PM, Chico said:

Found this New Jersey Devils jersey on ebay today. I believe the Devils introduced these logos in 1996. They were mainly used for promoting the Devils Den merchandise catalog but do remember having a hat with the shoulder logo on it. 

Screenshot_20161230-200458.png

Screenshot_20161230-200501.png

Screenshot_20161230-200510.png

Screenshot_20161230-200506.png

A #6 Miro Satan Devils jersey would have been the best-selling jersey of all time.

• Like 9

12 hours ago, ADW77 said:

EX_BAL_93.jpg

EX_CAR_93.jpg

EX_JAC_93.jpg

EX_MEM_93.jpg

EX_STL_93.jpg

That Jags' logo and colour scheme is the best Jags look that's ever (almost) existed. 

The jerseys would have been neeed to be toned down, but the overall look is solid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, C-Squared said:

A #6 Miro Satan Devils jersey would have been the best-selling jersey of all time.

The league really should have stepped in and forced him to play there at some point.

• Like 4

On 2/5/2017 at 1:41 AM, ADW77 said:

EX_BAL_93.jpg

I've never really thought about this before, but it's interesting that the Bombers' primary logo used a color scheme that is almost completely absent from the uniforms (excluding the logos).

• Like 4

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

No, it's not.  I'd just never noticed it before in this case, even though it should have been fairly obvious since the primary is also the helmet logo.

• Like 2

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃