Unused Logos and Uniforms

There's nothing Pittsburgh specific about that template though. That's sorta like saying that half the 80s teams copied each other because they all used the rounded yoke template and horizontal stripes. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 02/06/2017 at 11:40 PM, Lights Out said:

I recall 1994 rumours on a jersey with "NYR" style numbers

So I would say this is very possible.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Check out this picture from the Fanbrandz website:

W1QpktO.jpg

http://fanbrandz.com/#/edmonton-oilers-uniforms-designs/

Apparently, in the process of designing their new Adizero uniforms, the Oilers considered some wilder striping options - including one with what looks like oil drops on both sides of the jerseys. Very cool!

• Like 2

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

On 4/5/2017 at 6:36 PM, zigbazah said:

This was going to be Man United's 15-16 kit, but they signed with Adidas.

300blg4.jpg

How can anybody look at this and not think "team chevrolet" GO CHEVYS

Whatever this team is, the ad completely overpowers, this is totally bush league. Once you do this any prestige and magic and dignity you had or once had is gone.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

How can anybody look at this and not thing "team chevrolet" GO CHEVYS

Whatever this team is, the ad completely overpowers, this is totally bush league. Once you do this any prestige and magic and dignity you had or once had is gone.

Popcorn.gif

4 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

How can anybody look at this and not think "team chevrolet" GO CHEVYS

Ok you can be the team that doesn't take the close to a billion dollars to put their logo on their shirt

• Like 4

IIRC, they were introduced apart of the original set when Nets moved to Brooklyn.

I think they could've also been the first concepts of the secondary logo before the "B" ball. 

Its listed as an alternate logo ('12-'14) on the main site. I can't recall seeing the Nets use this logo, EVER. Always thought that was strange. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Hamilton Bulldogs have this trademarked, but have never used it. Reminds me a bit of the BuffaSlug

imageLoader.gif

• Like 6
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

51 minutes ago, nash61 said:

The Hamilton Bulldogs have this trademarked, but have never used it. Reminds me a bit of the BuffaSlug

imageLoader.gif

Bullslug? Slugdog?

• Like 1

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 7/4/2017 at 8:32 AM, JerseyJosh said:

IIRC, they were introduced apart of the original set when Nets moved to Brooklyn.

I think they could've also been the first concepts of the secondary logo before the "B" ball. 

Its listed as an alternate logo ('12-'14) on the main site. I can't recall seeing the Nets use this logo, EVER. Always thought that was strange. 

I wish they had gone with the Brooklyn Dodgers B instead...

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

On 6/2/2017 at 8:36 PM, Lights Out said:

Remember the Oilers' old "oil drop" third jerseys? It looks like they were originally going to use a different striping pattern:

2iGZA3E.jpg

9CiDISo.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RYAN-SMYTH-EDMONTON-OILERS-OIL-DROP-CCM-ORIGINAL-REPLICA-JERSEY-LARGE-PROTOTYPE-/201944659637?hash=item2f04d6f6b5:g:MMEAAOSww9xZMatf

I'm not totally convinced that's a prototype. I could be 100% wrong, but my gut tells me it's not. First, when I saw this, this reminded me of some of the early China knockoff jersey styles. You could get Oilers, Flames, Blackhawks, and others on this template that were all fake if my memory serves and i feel like this was one you could get. They used air knit type material too. This jersey is also a CCM branded jersey, which could very well be how they handled prototypes, but at the time, KOHO was the branding on the 3rd/dark jerseys. By the tagging, its a replica, which should have additional branding on the right sleeve as well as an NHL puck logo embroidered on the right rear hem. Speaking of the hem, the hem looks to only be an inch or so. Back in the day, those were closer to 3" if I recall correctly.  Finally, from the picture the tagging in the neck is sewn with 4 diagonal lines, when replicas had the tag sewn in vertically on either side. Again, I could be wrong but my initial instinct is this is either a fake or a fan creation and the branding was added on.

• Like 2

SEAsig.png

• 3 weeks later...