Unused Logos and Uniforms

sabres3rdsilvernd4.jpg

I remember first seeing this about a year before the red was unveiled.

I, for one, think that looks pretty cool! Although the red stripe at the bottom looks really out of place.

In regards to the Jaguars, I know there are pictures of the actual jerseys out there somewhere, I'm not seeing them at the moment. Maybe someone else can upload them.

Here are a couple pics for the Avalanche logo selection process:

2pq9miq.jpg

2z8yu6c.jpg

Wow... I thought I'd already seen every uniform the Brewers ever wore. Even though Tuscan lettering would look generic for most teams, I wish the Brewers had gone with it. It looks like something a beer company would use without being a thinly-veiled ad for a particular brand ::cough::Miller::cough::

I know, I know, we hear that all the time, but I just don't see it. If anything, the current Brewers uniforms evoke the Coors or Schlitz scripts, sharing very little design with Miller.

• 2 weeks later...

There was an article some 5 years ago in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that said the Steelers were going to adopt a gold alternate jersey for games against southern teams that wear white at home. I've looked for this jersey and never found anything about it, though there was something that might have been related to it on ebay some time ago. I guess they'll never happen now that the throwback is here to stay

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

There was an article some 5 years ago in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that said the Steelers were going to adopt a gold alternate jersey for games against southern teams that wear white at home. I've looked for this jersey and never found anything about it, though there was something that might have been related to it on ebay some time ago. I guess they'll never happen now that the throwback is here to stay

I doubt the NFL would ever allow a white on gold game anyway.

They wouldn't, which is (I think) why they couldn't go with it. They did say that they wanted to though, but I'm not sure if it made it far enough for prototypes to be made. The sleeve striping would have been... interesting.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They wouldn't, which is (I think) why they couldn't go with it. They did say that they wanted to though, but I'm not sure if it made it far enough for prototypes to be made. The sleeve striping would have been... interesting.

Didn't the Eagles and Lions go white on gold in a throwback game a few years ago? I had no problem telling the teams apart. And years ago, the Rams had a gold home jersey. The key is a strong athletic gold, not that pale vegas gold college teams break out.

Yeah, but that was a one-off, and the Eagles at least had colored sleeves. Oh I don't think it'd be a big deal for the Steelers to have yellow alts - jsut saying that the league vetod it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, but that was a one-off, and the Eagles at least had colored sleeves. Oh I don't think it'd be a big deal for the Steelers to have yellow alts - jsut saying that the league vetod it.

The way I remembered it (and I could have it mixed up) is that the league vetoed it, not on the basis of white vs gold, but based on the "no alts on the road" rule... although that "rule" (if it even exists) has been broken at other times.

Does anybody have a picture of the proposed Washington Capitals Uniforms for the 2001/02 season? The only picture I've seen is a graphic on NHL Uniforms.com but even that has been removed. Weren't Replica's made and sold prior to the re-design being scrapped?

Thanks in advance

The way I remembered it (and I could have it mixed up) is that the league vetoed it, not on the basis of white vs gold, but based on the "no alts on the road" rule... although that "rule" (if it even exists) has been broken at other times.

You are correct, that is what they said at the time.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Buffalo Bills were gonna slap a secondary logo on their ugly ass jerseys they unveiled in 2002, making them an even bigger train wreck of color.

60d3_1.jpg?t=1276800687

well, slap me for being silly, but I kinda like that...even though it reminds me of Amtrak a little bit :blink:

• Like 1

I don't mind it either, actually. The Bills' uniforms are such a mess that one more bit of mis-matching won't make a difference. Actually, I that logo is slightly better then what they currently use as their primary. Blows the standing buffalo out of the water.

• Like 1