Unused Logos and Uniforms

19 hours ago, Delicate Genius said:

Thanks for sharing. Is that the previous shade of orange as well?

The Oilers announced in March 2017 they'd be wearing the orange alternates in that year's playoffs and would be switching to an orange home jersey when adidas took over in the fall. There was a huge push from the organization to get fans to wear orange to the games.

I think most people still view the Oilers as a primarily blue team, and the colour change has been a bust. The 2015-17 uniforms were near perfect.

I honestly don't understand why Edmonton would bring back the Royal Blue only to get rid of it again and go Navy again. The Royal Blue / Orange '15-'17 uniforms POPPED on my HDTV screen, the Orange / Navy does not, at times the Navy comes off looking Black (US Navy dress blues and Police Officers uniforms come to mind when Navy Blue comes off looking Black) 

I never understood Mario Lemieux's thinking when he stated that he wanted Crosby and Malkin to have their own Penguin identity (Black / Vegas Gold), as opposed to the Pens traditional Black / Yellow Pittsburgh Gold that he wore when he played. Lemieux idolized Jean Beliveau / Canadiens when he was a kid, YET the 2020 Canadiens still wear the same logo, uniform style and color scheme as Beliveau did in the '50s - '70s.  THANK GOD Lemieux / Pens listened to the Fans and brought back the '88-'92 uniform style with Black / Yellow Pittsburgh Gold

• Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 1:26 AM, chcarlson23 said:

I saw these posted to facebook the other day on a jersey selling group. I thought this was really interesting direction that the Oilers were looking to go. Clearly the Orange base was the plan for a while, even before navy came into the mix. These do look legit, but I'm not 100% sure...

OilersPrototype1.JPG

I remember this jersey was probably a first leak of new adidas uniforms, here is a photo posted on icethetics back then:

image-asset.png

• Like 4

4r2eer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Does this count? When British American Tobacco purchased the Tyrrell F1 team in 1998, they planned on running two distinct liveries for their two drivers - one in Lucky Strike colors and the other in 555 colors.

spacer.png

According to F1 regulations, a team's two cars must share the same livery, so the team literally joined them together in the middle for 1999 before opting to advertise Lucky Strike from 2000 on.

spacer.png

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Krz said:

Oh my, all of these are terrible, especially the top and middle left ones.

spacer.png

Were the general design of these passed along to the Washington Capitals? Because that bottom right one looks like the Caps jersey from that era.

18 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Kinda like a McDonald's worker.

Always loved that wordmark, and the vertical striping is interesting for sure. These uniforms could've probably stuck around if they got rid of the vertical striping and actually been used on a court. . 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

On 4/30/2020 at 5:33 PM, habsfan1 said:

EWnr9hbWsAAYUPQ?format=jpg

The one at top left is nice. It could have worked as a fun 90s alternate in that era. Woulda made for fun matchups.

These are definitely a bit too 90’s, but I really dig that they considered an igloo alternate logo. Even though they don’t play at The Igloo anymore, I think an igloo alternate logo would be kind of cool as both a tie-in to the name and a nod to team history. 

• Like 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png