Unused Logos and Uniforms

13 minutes ago, TheRealPepman said:

Another Ducks Prototype

cwIrbQI.jpg

hVYwPmP.jpg

SOURCE

Classic case of "there's no way this jersey should look as good as it does."  Maybe it's just the fact that the 90's are very much "in" right now clouding my judgment, but I really don't hate these.  Those colors should not look as good as they do together.

• Like 12

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, TheRealPepman said:

Anaheim Mighty Ducks Prototype

PUQo91y.jpg

SOURCE

On the other hand, this is absolute garbage that would have been panned in any era.  You could stick these uniforms into action when the NHL looked like this and they'd look out of place.

• Like 3

spacer.png

11 hours ago, M4One said:

Yikes.  Yet, it wouldn't have surprised me one bit if a team under Reebok/Adidas whipped something like this crap out for a Stadium series.

That’d be more passable, imo. Uniforms that are this experimental are okay for a game or two, not a full-time look.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

That’d be more passable, imo. Uniforms that are this experimental are okay for a game or two, not a full-time look.

Experimental is one thing, but it still should look good.   If fans are expected to shell out $150-200 or more for them, it shouldn't end up on an ugliest jersey of all-time list.  

• Like 2

I think the Jets had the right idea in making grey a color, but then they half-committed to red anyway. I've always said the perfect Jets color scheme is white, blue, red, sky blue, and grey. 

That Mighty Ducks illustration is adorable. The prototype is so crazy it just might work. I always appreciated yellow being in the alternates to break up the color palette a bit more.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 9/1/2021 at 3:44 PM, TheRealPepman said:

Anaheim Mighty Ducks Prototype

PUQo91y.jpg

SOURCE

Those would be the worst NHL jerseys of all time if they saw the light of day. The Mooterus and Turdburger are both ten times better.

• Like 4

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I've been watching a lot of youtube videos lately about the history and designing of Disney parks - that Ducks concept looks right at home with early 90's era imagineering. They probably referred to the hockey players as "cast members" and everything. 

• Like 4

PvO6ZWJ.png

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I think they made the right choice. The top-left option is the only other good one.

It's the only one with both letters that even sort of reads as UH.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

18 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

It's the only one with both letters that even sort of reads as UH.

2nd from right on the bottom does too- more definitively.  They did make the right choice though.

FAkP1ymVcC8sAox?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 hours ago, Lights Out said:

First thought I got was this one, which was probably also done by GamePlan.  The Rays version works way better.

Clippers1993Header.png

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

31 minutes ago, BBTV said:

2nd from right on the bottom does too- more definitively.  They did make the right choice though.

To me, that one both does and doesn't.  Making a large U in black (or more likely green) and a smaller one using the negative space seems very awkward to me.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

Even though the "U" looks like a "J," I like the bottom left one, but only because it introduces the spear iconography. Could've done a lot with that. 

The rest of you are right, though. UH made the right choice.