Unused Logos and Uniforms

Based on my ebay experiences with mini helmets, I wouldn't be surprised if that Ravens one was a custom that someone was trying to pass off as legit. I can't tell that by the photos so it could very well be real though. It would be interesting to see the bottom of the box as the team/year/description is usually embossed onto the box or written on the barcode portion. The fact that it's not pictured adds to my suspicion.

I had a saved search for the Eagles 1933 throwback yellow and blue mini helmet for quite some time and the majority that came up were customs. I could tell because on the legit Riddell one, there were two overlapping blue decals... one for the "wing" portion and one for the stripe that extends to the back of the helmet. All the customs just had it as one decal. I recognize that this likely has nothing to do with the Ravens one but I know there are a lot of customs being passed off as legit on there.

On 4/22/2022 at 5:25 PM, Echo said:

The Panthers were always meant to be in the NFC and the Jags were always in the AFC.  Whoever made the list on the box must have goofed.

Probably...several months ago, I came across some Packers caps at Burlington.  Not unusual, except that these had the AFC logo on one of the side panels.  Obvious manufacturer goof.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 4/22/2022 at 12:01 AM, DustDevil61 said:

I’m not sure where to post this, but I think this is the best place to mention this, but apparently there was a Baltimore Ravens “Throwback” quickly-pulled-from-production mini helmet that had the 1996-98 front-facing swooping bird on it (the same one that adorned the sleeves in that same timeframe) on eBay. (Sorry, as well—I got outbid on it. Lousy timing, ending during my work shift.)

This brings up a few intriguing questions: Did the Ravens ever plan on using this logo? Was it after the logo lawsuit, or was it supposed to be the primary logo?  Is this the closest the Ravens could legally get to the winged B-Shield, or was this a fabrication from someone wanting to trick someone into buying it?

Here are the screenshots for reference:

DlMjnh5.png

z1MVVpc.png

1in7QZd.png

Similarly, there was a 1993-94 Jacksonville Jaguars Leaping Jaguar mini helmet that was on Ebay. While most people here know about the original unused Jaguars helmet and logo, what’s interesting is that on the bottom of the box where all 30 teams (as of 1995), the Jaguars were in the NFC “West” while the Panthers were in the AFC Central. Was this the original plan for the 1995 expansion?

Here's the screenshot of the division from the Jaguars helmet listing:

4154faG.png

Apologies if the images don't show up or if there's some kind of policy where I shouldn't post these, but this is in case the links don't work and are just to make sure that these images remain after the (already ended) eBay listings are taken down.

I have a Jaguars helmet with the unused logo.

• 4 months later...
On 9/5/2022 at 9:48 PM, pepis21 said:

Technically is not an uniform but actually it is kinda like uniform depends how we gonna looking at that. Unused Mercedes F1 AMG 55 years anniversary livery from 2022 Belgium Grand Prix at Spa:

300994913_808607556983710_72515901813961

Here is article about why they unused it: https://i-itm.com/mercedes-explains-why-it-didnt-run-red-pig-livery-on-f1-car-2/

Holy cursed...never would had thought I would see a red Mercedes...

rAUPGPZ.png

• 1 month later...
On 11/3/2022 at 1:43 PM, pepis21 said:

I don't know if this was posted or not, but I found it just by coincidence.

It's labeled as a prototype from 97/98 season.  It look legit so they probably considered to introduce a white uniform much earlier than 2002.

128027742_1_x.jpg

128027742_2_x.jpg

1997-98 was the first year Nike made the Lakers' unis, so it makes sense that they'd make up some potential new uni designs. I know the league had been pushing the Lakers to introduce a 3rd jersey for a couple of years by that point.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Given the same seller has this on sale...

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

...probably just a fashion jersey.  CCM seems to have done that a lot.  Cool design though, I gotta say.

On a related note, there sure are a LOT of Coyotes Gretzky jerseys floating around considering he never played for them.

• Like 1
  • Meh 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Was lurking at eBay and Reddit (r/hockeyjerseys) the other day and found a  few prototypes worth sharing. Photos are credited to their original owners of course.

New York Islanders 

UThRrDI.png

ugZkAqL.jpg

Toronto Maple Leafs (1967 jersey in vintage white)

UeyAKzd.jpg

Dallas Stars (alternate)

4mpJmbq.png

Edmonton Oilers (Edge era)

ZVA40Yq.jpg

J48vnyw.jpg

• Like 4

I guess this counts: Here are two Cameroon World Cup 2022 jerseys that Le Coq Sportif produced and is selling on their website, but the team won't wear in the tournament because the national federation unilaterally ended the contract over the summer and signed with One All Sports.

home-jersey-1.jpg

away-jersey-1.jpg

Here's a writeup on the situation I did for the mothership.

• Like 1