Contest: Design Georgetown's Court

I'm amazed at the lack of rules and guidelines for this one. TCU had a set list of branding guidelines that they wanted to be followed. Georgetown is seemingly allowing this to be a lot more open doored. Interesting. I'm in for sure.

I'm amazed at the lack of rules and guidelines for this one. TCU had a set list of branding guidelines that they wanted to be followed. Georgetown is seemingly allowing this to be a lot more open doored. Interesting. I'm in for sure.

Definitely. I think the prizes are better than TCU's and there are seemingly unlimited ways to enter:

"Fans may use any design program to build their court design (powerpoint, photoshop, paint, illustrator). Fans may also design the court by hand and send in a picture of their drawing."

Good luck to everyone.

Here's what Chris has for their logos:

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/686/Georgetown_Hoyas/

The template they provide is actually CCSLC forum member DarthBrooks' template. I'm surprised they didn't remove the NBA lines on the template; I know they share the same arena as the Wizards but they don't use same court.

Blank-Court-gu.jpg

Im a Georgetown graduate and and currently still at the school for grad school. We still use the old bull dog logo, but I have only seen the modern new smiling jack used on kids clothing. Also I assume by Hoya pattern you mean the Kente pattern we have been using on our jerseys since the mid-90s.

The other academic logo we still use is the Georgetown G logo. A couple of years ago we used the script Hoyas on our court, but stopped using it about two years ago for some reason. Haven't seen it used since. The school itself has an academic seal, but I have never seen it used in an athletic setting and would strongly recommend against using it on the court since we have a strong superstition against stepping on it.
Also if it helps JT3 has already commented and said he would prefer a traditional court and he will be the one choosing the court.
Sorry for the lack of pictures.

• 4 weeks later...

Submissions were due yesterday -- I had forgotten about it and never actually submitted what I was working on.

If you follow the link below, you can click on these to enlarge them individually. I'm not sure if this is all of the designs or not but it should give you an idea of what you're up against if you had submitted an entry.

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-01%20at%206.07.5

And the link:

http://www.guhoyas.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/court-design-contest.html

Archived