When will the OKC Thunder get a rebrand?

habsfan1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They need to focus on navy or black, yellow and orange in my opinion. Like the old Warriors colour scheme, I just want to see it back because I liked it so much.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I think the past few weeks and past few years of new identities in the league suggests that the NBA needs to focus on these things more internally. If more intensive scrutiny was placed on new team designs from the league office, we might see different outcomes. The Thunder had to basically rush to get that logo done, which when I first saw it, made complete sense. I was thinking they would re-brand once the team was settled for a few seasons... I can honestly assume they had all intentions to do so, but, when a franchise gains success in the winning column, it is very hard to re-brand to the fans that are crazy about the current team's situation. To conclude, the NBA needs guys like we have on here working for them to enforce better logo outcomes, and, the Thunder are just victim to being too good at the wrong time which is giving their horrid logo life.

They need to focus on navy or black, yellow and orange in my opinion. Like the old Warriors colour scheme, I just want to see it back because I liked it so much.

Yeah, those Warriors eerily did everything the Thunder should've done aesthetically starting a decade earlier:

0fuux96ff0zunjmxgugw2ewhd.gifx4rvdizhi7jy0o9efzgjjrfwc.gif

and even lasting a couple of seasons after the Thunder were formed:

y4b0eg7itey1fu1vt9279gh0n.gifvcwylbglnnpr73qg8ftjpgbt2.gifqq3ubkrwngt1kf6fs3rxggawt.gif

They even incorporated a lightning bolt into their logo for some reason:

1bhcqs6l5t44lw04y1tygdsce.gife6xcf97ynbh51net1u050feuw.gif

I think we'll have to keep dreaming for the Thunder to copy this identity, though, since I don't see it happening (especially since they use sky blue as their primary, which the Warriors only used as a logo accent.

The guy who asked what Thunder looks like obviously has a point, since it's a sound, but I think the bison identity that's been mentioned is a suitable workaround. But we all know a new logo would just be their name on a roundel with something Thunder-related on a basketball in the middle.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

OKC need a complete re-brand. It will happen when both KD and RW leave over the next 2 seasons.

That's why it's a shame the Durant/Westbrook era will always be associated with the current look along with the awful logo. They deserve better.

Their logo isn't BAD or an "abomination" like people here act like it is. It's just super bland when, with their colors and name, there's a ton of room for creativity.

It is actually. It's not just bland. It's an assemblage of a basketball within a number of abstract shapes and lines, none of which have anything to do with Thunder, Lightning, or anything Storm-related. An OKC wordmark with a bad font slanted and positioned awkwardly was slapped onto the whole pile. It uses too many colors. It makes me think of 90s Pistons in a way that isn't good like it should be. And since we're on the subject of the 90s, to borrow a quote from Jurrasic Park...."That is one big pile of :censored: ".

The time restraint issues are no excuse. If they needed something done quickly, they could have just re-traced a Thunder cloud/bolt clipart and that would have been better. It's kind of mindboggling knowing that someone thought the logo was a good idea, and someone else agreed and approved it.

Their logo isn't BAD or an "abomination" like people here act like it is. It's just super bland when, with their colors and name, there's a ton of room for creativity.

A lot of people here tend to overreact.

The logo sucks, but it's not UGLY or anything. Just boring. Same with the new Clippers "logos".

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Yeah, those Warriors eerily did everything the Thunder should've done aesthetically starting a decade earlier

Here's an idea:

Take this Warriors logo...

1bhcqs6l5t44lw04y1tygdsce.gif

Change the wordmark from Warriors to Thunder, into something similar to this...

6550.jpg

Take these jerseys and recolor them using a good combo of current Thunder colors...

y4b0eg7itey1fu1vt9279gh0n.gifvcwylbglnnpr73qg8ftjpgbt2.gif

...and you got yourself a decent looking design overall.

The thunder have a great colour scheme in my opinion. The logo, on the other hand, is far and away the NBA's worst. As "90's" as those Golden State logos are, they're still light years ahead OKC's primary. The sooner they do a rebrand the better.

The thunder have a great colour scheme in my opinion. The logo, on the other hand, is far and away the NBA's worst.

The pinkish-orange, yellow, and sky blue actually look pretty neat against black:

1397519797000-New-Weather-Underground-Lo

Or the Miami Marlins, same thing.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The thunder have a great colour scheme in my opinion. The logo, on the other hand, is far and away the NBA's worst.

The pinkish-orange, yellow, and sky blue actually look pretty neat against black:

1397519797000-New-Weather-Underground-Lo

Or the Miami Marlins, same thing.

Not a bad visual aid! Miami Marlins at least has a decent logo to go with all those colors and each variation one looks nice!

shado_logo.gif

Archived