New UConn Football uniforms.

Germanshepherd

Why does nobody do the big unveils in the meeting room anymore I want to see how underwhelmed the players were with these jerseys . I actually think they would be fine keeping the old helmets with these. Blue stripe with red outlines and a blue facemask would fix the helmet

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Something in the video y'all missed:

THERE'S A GRAY ALTERNATE.

Go to 1:21 in the video. You see Bob Diaco pull it out of the laundry basket and immediately put it back in, almost like we weren't supposed to see it.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Something in the video y'all missed:

THERE'S A GRAY ALTERNATE.

Go to 1:21 in the video. You see Bob Diaco pull it out of the laundry basket and immediately put it back in, almost like we weren't supposed to see it.

First off, what awful acting Diaco is doing there. Why did he fix his hat before the "shhh" motion? The video guys couldn't do another take of that? WHAT CLOWN IS RUNNING THAT DEPARTMENT! Secondly, what idiot washes blue uniforms and white uniforms together? Finally, I threw more load of laundry into those exact washers in that laundry room than probably anyone else in history, sans maybe one person. Memories.

Larry Dernetz

I'll be honest, I liked the look of the old uniforms, without that helmet of course. I thought the piping worked quite well. These are a big...change to say the least. The jerseys look ungodly empty. The shoulder design doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me

11045464.jpeg

I think the sleeve is supposed to be part of the husky logo. It doesn't do anything though. I'd enlarge the husky on the helmet and swap a blue mask on that. I'd even put the big stripe from last year on it, minus the husky. For the sleeves I'd put the UCONN wordmark on there. And tv numbers on the shoulders. For the pants I'd take the old helmet stripe and put it on the leg but turn the eyes around so they sit at the top of the pant stripe. Just the eyes.

The pants are odd. The back numbers are gigantic (not a problem though). The helmet seems completely lost with a white shell, red mask, red back bumper, and blue stripe. Something tells me this would've looked pretty good with a blue shell.

11045466.jpeg

And boy could those jerseys use some TV numbers...

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

https://vimeo.com/126430618

0:40 in this video. Love em.

hE2EHDJ.jpg

oaYhXML.jpg

fSiHIII.jpg

A question I have to ask: In the middle picture are the Uconn Huskies football unis are going back to having no names in the back of the jersey or is it the fact that they just released these new unis that Nike didn't have time to stitch the players names on the back of the jersey? Guess we will find out late August when college football season begins.

As for the unis itself, I have say they are good. Nothing too spectacular IMO, but an improvement over the last few years. Glad the white helmet from last year is gone (goodness gracious it looked more a Halloween mask than an actual college football helmet IMO). The jerseys look great, I do like the sleeves look, even if doesn't have a legit reason for it. The pants itself is okay, I really don't like having the words "UConn" on the right side of the top of the pants, but it isn't that noticeable. They could do without the thick scarlet stripe in the bottom of the back side of the navy pants, and likewise the thick navy stripe and the thinner scarlet stripe in the bottom of the back side of the white pants as well. Otherwise, I rate these uniforms a 7.5/10 IMO. Better than the other monstrosities that Nike has develop for the other college football programs.

has UCONN said anything about the alternate helmets? just because they didn't use them here doesn't mean they wont during the season.

for a catalog order its a pretty good uniform. can't say that anything on the jersey and pants doesn't work. i hate how they use red on the helmet though. the logo is much better without the cheap looking red key line, the face mask is really odd, and the rear bumper is complete overkill.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

These were fantastic. I loved the arched lettering.

497040(1).jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived