NCAA Basketball Court Concepts (All Teams and Conferences DONE)

mgdmhl

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall- The letters on the baseline seem too small and/or too spaced out.

Old Dominion- Not too sold on the stained court

UTEP- I really like the idea, but it seems like it may be a bit too much. I like what you're going for, though.

UTSA- Only complain is that I don't really like the four roadrunners. I think having one on each side would work (e.g. bottom right and top left)

All the rest look really nice, though! North Texas might be my favorite of the C-USA.

EDIT: I think Hawai'i looks a lot better now. I think that the state silhouette looks a lot more like the state than sweat-stains, so I wouldn't be worried about that.

My only complaint is the blue court for Old Dominion. That just seems like too much, other than that, the UTEP court looks BEAUTIFUL! And the rest look great.

I love all the courts (especially UTEP!) except for Old Dominions blue court and the UTSA birds on the court (UTSA could work, but it needs some editing.)

All 3 of you didn't like the ODU blue stain. Besides completely removing the blue stain, what other suggestions (logo placement, other stains, etc.) do you have for their court? I actually liked the blue stain, so I'm a bit surprised by the comments.

About the UTSA roadrunners on the court, I wanted to included full roadrunner logo on the court but I didn't want to put it in the paint like I did/going to do with some other teams. So I kind of just put them somewhere just to have them on there. I wasn't completely happy with them on there either.

PSUcelticsWON95, the Marshall letters were taken from this wordmark. Can you be more clear about what you meant about UTEP? I took the pickax idea from their current court, but wanted to add more blue to the court. And I agree with you on the Hawaii state silhouette/sweat stain thing, but I never really thought they looked like sweat stains to start with.

JeKhnr9.png

The pickax idea is really good, I think it's the coloring that I think is a little odd, which is probably because of the gradient. What if you went with orange pickaxes with a blue baseline, or vice versa?

Blue stain aside, I think the ODU court is really good.

And I just thought that Marshall's baseline wordmarks were smaller than the other schools, but I see that they're part of the official wordmark.

The pickax idea is really good, I think it's the coloring that I think is a little odd, which is probably because of the gradient. What if you went with orange pickaxes with a blue baseline, or vice versa?

Blue stain aside, I think the ODU court is really good.

And I just thought that Marshall's baseline wordmarks were smaller than the other schools, but I see that they're part of the official wordmark.

Thought about that for UTEP, but I was trying to be a little more different than their actual court. I'll post an update with your suggestion soon. Read ODU comment below.

My recommendation is just to take the stain from inside the arc and placing on the whole court.

My recommendation is just to take the stain from inside the arc and placing on the whole court.

Ditto to that

So in other words just remove the blue stain. (Also. there's no stain inside the arc. That's just the color of the wood/court.) I the reason I don't really want to change it is because I feel the court will be boring and less unique. I'll post an update without the blue stain soon. (Anyway, the school just north and across the water of ODU will have a blue court.)

JeKhnr9.png

Horizon (1st half)

Cleveland St Vikings

CQwMXyZ.png

Detroit Titans

0zcM8Os.png

Green Bay Phoenix

nXWmokG.png

Illinois-Chicago Flames

AoitXEX.png

Milwaukee Panthers

Included a version with the MECCA floor design. I actually made the Milwaukee MECCA court before the Marquette MECCA court. Obviously, the 2 schools wouldn't have the same iconic design at the same time (that's why I included multiple versions). Milwaukee currently plays at the MECCA (now called UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena), so in a way it currently fits UWM more than Marquette.

jmxLUyz.png

FfrUrG1.png

Schedule is has been really busy then last couple of weeks and it looks like it's going to stay that way for about another month or so. Will post courts (including updates) when I have time but don't expect that many of them in the next month or so.

JeKhnr9.png

The Horizon League 2nd Half will have Northern Kentucky University, Oakland University, Valparaiso University, Wright State University, and Youngstown State University.

Two things. One: THANK YOU FRICKING CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!!!!!

Two: WE DON'T CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

I would suggest making a lighter color outline on the script for the UIC court. It makes the words very hard to read on the baseline.

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

I would suggest making a lighter color outline on the script for the UIC court. It makes the words very hard to read on the baseline.

The more I look at it, the more I agree with this, actually. And right now it looks clean, but did you try adding a red outline to the Detroit baseline text? I think it may help it pop more.

I think for the Wisconsin-Green Bay court maybe a subtle flame on the bottom of the court would work, since their school name is the Phoenix...

Just saying is all.

Don't agree with that. It's not like their Phoenix logo isn't on the court and their rival UIC is called the Flames.

Like that idea. I'll included a white outline in the next update.

The more I look at it, the more I agree with this, actually. And right now it looks clean, but did you try adding a red outline to the Detroit baseline text? I think it may help it pop more.

No I didn't. I don't agree that it would pop more if I did that. If I did that I feel the red would be hard to see and make the notches in the text hard(er) to see. Also, if you look at the text in the logo red and blue don't touch (which I believe Scott Auch, the creator of their logo, did on purpose for the reason I mentioned before).

JeKhnr9.png

• 2 weeks later...

are you planning on making the a10

are you planning on making the a10

He already has, you'll need to go back a few pages. By the way, loving the courts!

Like the very first post of this thread.

JeKhnr9.png

Archived