NCAA Basketball Court Concepts (All Teams and Conferences DONE)

mgdmhl

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a little late on the nit-picks for Mountain West sorry but I always thought that the Bronco inside the paint there was overkill but I like yours with the bronco in orange highlight! And I'm previously from New Mexico so I know what their court previously looks like and those wordmarks on the baseline are old, but I don't know if they have released an updated one...?

Ok now for NEC my only thing for Robert Morris I think the first one or second one is good. I think the third one might be overkill. Other than that, keep doing what you do!

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

I think New Mexico's court should say "The Pit" somewhere because it's such an iconic arena. Otherwise, I really like the Mountain West. SDSU's aztec calendar design is great!

Not doing arena names (or arena nicknames) on the concepts.

Good job bro. One thing though. To be helpful and not to be a pain but Ball State changed their logo a bit and don't use their block b logo anymore. Logos below per athletic identity standards.

Didn't know that about the block B logo. The bird logo I knew about but I didn't feel like going back to change it at the time. I'll include Ball St in the next updates I post tomorrow.

I'm a little late on the nit-picks for Mountain West sorry but I always thought that the Bronco inside the paint there was overkill but I like yours with the bronco in orange highlight! And I'm previously from New Mexico so I know what their court previously looks like and those wordmarks on the baseline are old, but I don't know if they have released an updated one...?

Ok now for NEC my only thing for Robert Morris I think the first one or second one is good. I think the third one might be overkill. Other than that, keep doing what you do!

Do you have any images of the new wordmark? Looking at some pictures of their new court from 2013 it looks like the same font.

JeKhnr9.png

Updates (1/2)

BC- I know I've criticized having a logo on top of an oversized and faded logo before, but it works really well here. The only two things I might suggest are using the non-gradient logo and switching the gold and the red on the outside of the court.

Florida A&M- I'm fine with the giant logo at midcourt, but I dislike having the snake head in each corner of the court

Hampton- Lovely as hell. The stained blue court is great, the midcourt logo is fantastic, the dark blue sidelines/baselines are beautiful and the wordmark looks great on it. The only thing that looks odd is the sublimated logo in the lane, but only because it looks off-centered due to the length of the sword. Is it against NCAA rules to have the sword extend out of the lane so that way the shield part would be centered? If not, then I'd like to see how that looks.

UMES- Nothing too fancy. They don't really have anything too flashy in their logo set, but you worked well with what you had. My only suggestion would be to give them a bolder and blockier font and maybe write "Hawks" and "UMES" in maroon trimmed in silver.

North Carolina A&T- I really, really like the giant bulldog. I also like that you put the interlocking "AT" logo inside the arch instead of just skipping on a secondary logo altogether. The only thing I'd look to change is the yellow wordmark on a yellow background. It doesn't look bad, but I think yellow on blue would look good.

NCCU- Not a fan of the four eagle heads or the baseline text. I think four heads is too repetitive, so I'd maybe play around with it. I'm trying to think of what positioning would look best with two heads, but nothing comes to mind. Maybe one giant one facing to the right coming from the left 3-point line?

gCDbbI7.png

kwCyDdH.png

mYZDTB5.png

ck1As2v.png

GFoKMwr.png

T6b4vnM.png

Loyola Chicago- I'd like to see a mix between #1 and #3. I like the skyline going across the whole court, but I like the yellow lanes the best.

CFWAWo5.png

Air Force- I like the lane on #3, but I like that #2 doesn't have the lightning bolt behind the text

xM6fQmL.png

Good job bro. One thing though. To be helpful and not to be a pain but Ball State changed their logo a bit and don't use their block b logo anymore. Logos below per athletic identity standards.

P6nUDza.png

JeKhnr9.png

First off, love all the updates. I like your newest Hampton the best.

Bryant- It's a design that you've done quite a few times and once again it looks good.

CCSU- Interesting to go with that logo in the middle, but it's a really neat logo so I'm glad you're showcasing it.

Fairleigh-Dickinson- Really love the wood pattern and the text.

LIU-Brooklyn- The baselines look really plain with the bunched-up wordmark, but I actually kind of like all the black. It'd be interesting to see if you used one of the longer wordmarks like the one at the bottom of one of their primary logos.

Mount St. Mary's- The center logo and the court really mesh together well, and the baseline text looks good.

Robert Morris- Absolutely love all three of them. I like that you used navy for the sidelines/baselines because it's easier on the eyes, and I like the red key to add some needed red in the court. I also love all the flag designs.

Sacred Heart- I like the second one the best, and I'm glad you used black for the sidelines/baselines because red would've been too overwhelming.

St. Francis NY- Really love this court; the logos and everything really pop. Like CCSU, I'm surprised you went with that logo for center-court but I'm glad you did. The red and blue really stand out against the light-wood court.

St. Francis PA- Like the logos and their placements, one thing is that I'd like to maybe see the red (outside) and the black (lanes) switched and see what that looks like. I'm surprised I like the baseline text, but I do. I feel like it's a little too skinny and would like to see if you could use the same style lettering in the SFU logo, but the way it looks now looks clean and minimalistic in a way.

Wagner- I like the wood coloring and everything, but my one suggestion would be to put less spacing in-between the baseline letters.

LIU-Brooklyn- The baselines look really plain with the bunched-up wordmark, but I actually kind of like all the black. It'd be interesting to see if you used one of the longer wordmarks like the one at the bottom of one of their primary logos.

St. Francis PA- Like the logos and their placements, one thing is that I'd like to maybe see the red (outside) and the black (lanes) switched and see what that looks like. I'm surprised I like the baseline text, but I do. I feel like it's a little too skinny and would like to see if you could use the same style lettering in the SFU logo, but the way it looks now looks clean and minimalistic in a way.

Wagner- I like the wood coloring and everything, but my one suggestion would be to put less spacing in-between the baseline letters.

LIU-Brooklyn - I figured that the baseline wordmark was going to be kinda small. I'll update it with bigger text.

St Francis PA - That actually is the same size style lettering as their logo. That's why I used that font. Also it changes things up a bit from all the blocky fonts/wordmarks used by other teams. I'll update it with the color switch like you asked.

Wagner - The spacing comes straight from their wordmark logo.

Thanks again for the great C&C.

JeKhnr9.png

my buggest complaint on court design is that its so complex, they muddle the lines in the court and make the game hard to follow. hard to just look at sometimes. for the most part you have done a great job of putting function before form and not over designing. GW and VT are my favorites

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, these court concepts are outstanding! I know not everyone likes every rendering, but they are your concepts, and I personally respect the time and effort you have put into these. Must be a labor of love. I just stumbled on to this site and am amazed at all the cool logo information. Thank you.

Since you seem to be taking some specific requests, and as a University of Dayton alum, let me throw these 2 at you:

1. Can you create a parquet floor version of the UD court??

2. The UD "D" logo is new, and not very popular. I personally like the Georgetown "G". Apparently, it is word art and not an actual font so I could not create my own "D". Do you have the ability to create a red and blue "D" in the same style that Georgetown uses. I'd like to create my own "personal court".

Thanks in advance, it you can create these! Either way, thanks for all of your efforts!!

Go Flyers!

Dude, these court concepts are outstanding! I know not everyone likes every rendering, but they are your concepts, and I personally respect the time and effort you have put into these. Must be a labor of love. I just stumbled on to this site and am amazed at all the cool logo information. Thank you.

Since you seem to be taking some specific requests, and as a University of Dayton alum, let me throw these 2 at you:

1. Can you create a parquet floor version of the UD court??

2. The UD "D" logo is new, and not very popular. I personally like the Georgetown "G". Apparently, it is word art and not an actual font so I could not create my own "D". Do you have the ability to create a red and blue "D" in the same style that Georgetown uses. I'd like to create my own "personal court".

Thanks in advance, it you can create these! Either way, thanks for all of your efforts!!

Go Flyers!

I'm not doing requests. I take C&C (Comments & Criticisms) and make edits based on feedback. I don't make any logos so I can't help you with Georgetown "D" logo. If you're able to find someone to make the logo (and possibly a wordmark too) I can make you a court concept with it. After you have a few more posts you can make a topic and ask for help in the request section of the forum.

JeKhnr9.png

OVC (2nd half)

Murray State Racers

This isn't meant to be a parquet floor. It's just a stained checkerboard pattern. Got the idea from this logo.vDCCGMP.png

Southeast Missouri Redhawks

XkAVDvD.png

SIUe Cougars

MTj6JHB.png

Tennessee State Tigers

y9GLjwl.png

Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles

s1MC7dg.png

Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks

Changing up the wood pattern again.

Wj3hGzB.png

JeKhnr9.png

Austin Peay- I don't have a favorite either, but both of them look great. I'm a big fan of the governor logo so I'm glad you went with that, and using the different wood colors was a good idea.

Belmont- I like the baseline text and I think it looks good with the red outline and the blue lane.

Eastern Illinois- This is my favorite of the first half of the OVC. The primary and secondary logos were used very well.

Eastern Kentucky- I like the wood pattern and the different wood shades. My only suggestion would be to add the EKU secondary logo opposite the conference logo, but it's definitely not necessary.

Jacksonville State- Really huge fan of this court. I love the wood pattern and the baseline text. The court pops really well.

Morehead State- The midcourt logo is a good size and the baseline text looks good, although I'm not sold on the fill color. I like the subtle M in the lane as well.

Murray State- Huge fan of the checkered court. The text looks great and the logos look great. One of my favorites that you've done!

Southeast Missouri State- Same comments as Morehead State and I'm also a big fan of the text on this one.

SIUe- Really like that you used that color around the court, and the text is good. The logo looks good as well. The only thing I'd suggest trying out is the "e" logo with the slashes to use as a secondary logo on the court.

Tennessee State- I really like the way the text turned out; the wood pattern gives it a cool look. I'm not a fan of their primary logo at all, so I'd personally like to see just the "tsu" as the midcourt logo.

Tennessee Tech- Really beautiful court, everything about it pops and looks great!

Tennessee-Martin- Really big fan of the wood pattern. The logo pops and the colors and wordmark look good. I'd also like to point out that I like that you've put the school names/nicknames at the bottom sideline of the courts. The OVC had some of the best courts you've made, and I'm excited for the PAC 12 (especially Oregon)

Archived