NCAA Basketball Court Concepts (All Teams and Conferences DONE)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, SSmith48 said:

Denver: I think the black keys don't reflect the brand/look of DU. I have been on the campus a few times, and I think gold is more fitting of a key color. Or maybe something like the lacrosse team wears with the white and gold mountains:

 

 

IUPUI: I think taking the the colors and moving them to the apron would be better. That way you could have a cool half red, half gold look on the outside.

 

South Dakota State: I think making the yellow stain in the arc solid would be a better look. The color of stain on your current one seems to tacky.

 

Other than that, you look good in the Summit. I have read through the entire thread, and I do have to say, I like what you have done! Keep it up!

 

The thing about Denver and many of the mid-major schools is that their brands are difficult to completely understand unless you're from the area. Most mid-major games (mostly basketball and football) on TV show very little of the school brand so it's hard to see what look the school is trying to achieve. Unless I want to spend hours per school researching their brand in more detail, I basically just go off their logos and any knowledge of the school I already know.

 

The thing with Denver and the gold key color, like you suggested, is that gold can look very similar to the color of the wood on the court. So I try to avoid colors that may be redundant (for lack of a better word). To me it would be like painting your grass green (It's not going to make a noticeable difference). The gold mountains would be an interesting idea but I used mountains for Utah and for schools that close it would look like one is stealing the idea from the other.

 

The problem I have with your IUPUI idea is that the colors would have to touch at some point (whether that's the middle or the corners) and to me that would just look odd and out of place.

 

I disagree with you about the solid yellow for SDSU. To me solid colors in the arc are very late '80s and '90s and in my opinion generally look horrible. The thing with stains (two-tones) are that they are kind of a happy medium between boring one-color courts and former Boise St like courts. 

 

Sorry that I disagree with most of your comment but I do appreciate the feedback and I am glad you've enjoyed the thread.

 

16 minutes ago, lacrosse beast said:

Being a Louisville fan, I've noticed that the court looks a lot like the old one.

Love the honeycomb on Georgia Tech's

Like Miami's design.

 

Never said all the courts will be completely different.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I also have been to Louisville, and I agree with the above post. he can do whatever he wants to a concept, because it's his. It you want that logo on a court make it yourself. And this court was poste

Southland (1st half)     Abilene Christian Wildcats   Central Arkansas Bears   Houston Baptist Huskies   Incarnate Word Cardinals   Lamar

Updates (2/2) Update for Northwestern. Just another idea for Air Force and Hampton. Update for Cincinnati

Posted Images

Just now, mgdmhl said:

 

The thing about Denver and many of the mid-major schools is that their brands are difficult to completely understand unless you're from the area. Most mid-major games (mostly basketball and football) on TV show very little of the school brand so it's hard to see what look the school is trying to achieve. Unless I want to spend hours per school researching their brand in more detail, I basically just go off their logos and any knowledge of the school I already know.

 

The thing with Denver and the gold key color, like you suggested, is that gold can look very similar to the color of the wood on the court. So I try to avoid colors that may be redundant (for lack of a better word). To me it would be like painting your grass green (It's not going to make a noticeable difference). The gold mountains would be an interesting idea but I used mountains for Utah and for schools that close it would look like one is stealing the idea from the other.

 

The problem I have with your IUPUI idea is that the colors would have to touch at some point (whether that's the middle or the corners) and to me that would just look odd and out of place.

 

I disagree with you about the solid yellow for SDSU. To me solid colors in the arc are very late '80s and '90s and in my opinion generally look horrible. The thing with stains (two-tones) are that they are kind of a happy medium between boring one-color courts and former Boise St like courts. 

 

Sorry that I disagree with most of your comment but I do appreciate the feedback and I am glad you've enjoyed the thread.

 

 

Never said all the courts will be completely different.

2490390.jpeg    

They haven't used that logo on the court since they moved to the Yum.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lacrosse beast said:

2490390.jpeg    

They haven't used that logo on the court since they moved to the Yum.

 

 

What's your point? Am I only allowed to use the logo of their current court for my concepts? It's not like that logo isn't being used any more by the school.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mgdmhl said:

 

What's your point? Am I only allowed to use the logo of their current court for my concepts? It's not like that logo isn't being used any more by the school.

Maybe you should come to a Louisville game. They put the new logo on everything. Try using the "L"

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, lacrosse beast said:

Maybe you should come to a Louisville game. They put the new logo on everything. Try using the "L"

Let him go, if you want a certain design for something do it yourself. He can use any logo he wants, it's his concept. 

@mgdmhl keep up your work, great stuff here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lacrosse beast said:

Maybe you should come to a Louisville game. They put the new logo on everything. Try using the "L"

 

They didn't get a new logo. They just upgraded their secondary logo to their primary and demoted their primary to secondary. That's why you see the "new logo" on most things. But because this is my concept I can use whatever logo I see fit. Also, the new "L" logo looks terrible (It should only be used on a baseball uniform).

 

1 minute ago, JosiahWVU said:

Let him go, if you want a certain design for something do it yourself. He can use any logo he wants, it's his concept. 

@mgdmhl keep up your work, great stuff here.

 

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, lacrosse beast said:

If you mean this:

The Classic Logo?!?!?!?!? Are you kidding? It signals the sign the fans make. That's why there are 2 parts to the top part of it. :mad:         

 

 

 

No s**t Sherlock, but just because the fans make that sign with their hands doesn't change the fact that it's a terrible logo for basketball. That's why that logo is rarely used with basketball. It doesn't fit with their basketball brand because its a baseball logo. It would be like West Virginia's basketball team using this logo, it wouldn't work with their brand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mgdmhl said:

 

No s**t Sherlock, but just because the fans make that sign with their hands doesn't change the fact that it's a terrible logo for basketball. That's why that logo is rarely used with basketball. It doesn't fit with their basketball brand because its a baseball logo. It would be like West Virginia's basketball team using this logo, it wouldn't work with their brand.

But they can use it for football?

 

 

 

 

38.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lacrosse beast said:

But they can use it for football?

 

 

 

 

38.jpg

I don't think anyone likes that helmet. It's also a one-off. 

 

Anyway, this needs to get back on topic. I've been silently watching this series play out. I really like it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uglybus said:

I don't think anyone likes that helmet. It's also a one-off. 

 

Anyway, this needs to get back on topic. I've been silently watching this series play out. I really like it. 

Exactly.

 

And Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Uglybus said:

I don't think anyone likes that helmet. It's also a one-off. 

 

Anyway, this needs to get back on topic. I've been silently watching this series play out. I really like it. 

Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville. The ENTIRE CITY liked the helmet, and it's not a one-off, they wore it against FSU, and it's still part of their uniform set.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, lacrosse beast said:

Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville. The ENTIRE CITY liked the helmet, and it's not a one-off, they wore it against FSU, and it's still part of their uniform set.

Good ol' name calling. The biggest tip-off that someone is losing an argument, right after Homophobic slurs.:P

 

Fun fact: I've been to Louisville. 

 

I highly doubt that any "ENTIRE CITY" could like a single thing. Plus, it's not true. Look at the link below. 

 

Yep, you're right. It wasn't a one-off. They wore it twice!

 

Anyways, as stated before, just because the football team makes a crappy helmet with a crappy logo, doesn't mean that the entire school HAS to use it immediately. 

 

This is a concept board. People can do whatever they want with their concepts. That's the beauty of it. Just because one person doesn't like it, doesn't mean that the creator has to cater to their demands. If you don't like it, create your own. 

 

http://collegespun.com/acc/louisville-big-east/louisville-getting-mocked-for-uncaged-cardinal-helmet

 

P. S: I'm using your comment as my sig as soon as I get it set up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JosiahWVU said:

I also have been to Louisville, and I agree with the above post. he can do whatever he wants to a concept, because it's his. It you want that logo on a court make it yourself. And this court was posted May 1, 2015we are now over a year later.

You've said, and I still really couldn't care less.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is going like this :argue: ...but seriously, mgdmhl great concepts.I've been following it since you started and I like the courts. Keep it up!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lacrosse beast said:

The last time I heard Country Roads was when Louisville sang it after beating West Virginia ^_^

 

 

Dude, shut up already. This thread isn't for you bickering about who has and hasn't been to Louisville or why your team is better than someone else's team. If you want to do that send them a DM. 

 

 

Everyone, lets just move on already and get back to the concepts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sun Belt (1st half)

 

 

Appalachian St Mountaineers

Spoiler

Appalachian St Court.png

 

Arkansas St Red Wolves

Spoiler

Arkansas St Court.png

 

Georgia Southern Eagles

Spoiler

Georgia Southern Court.png

 

Georgia St Panthers

Spoiler

Georgia St Court.png

 

Little Rock Trojans

Spoiler

Little Rock Court.png

 

Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns

Spoiler

 

Louisiana-Lafayette Court.png

 

Louisiana-Lafayette Court1.png

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.