Oklahoma City Thunder Uniform Concepts

Antonio Reloaded

Okay so this is my first attempt at making a uniform concept. I chose the Thunder because they are my favorite sports team. I love the team itself but I am less than pleased with their current look so i decided to dabble a bit with some uniform ideas. I used Microsoft Paint because I'm not very skilled with Photoshop so they won't be the best of quality. I decided to go with a color scheme comprised of Gray, Yellow, and Orange because i felt it fit the idea of "Thunder" and i liked how the colors looked together. The only exception is the Pride jersey where i stuck with the Thunder blue because it is actually the color of the state flag for Oklahoma. Let me know what you guys think, Thanks!

Home:

nfQeQxa.png

Away:

horldeX.png

Alternate 1

PVJanms.png

Alt 2:

dboFmMq.png

Oklahoma Pride:

WEyHQE4.png

I went away from the blue because i didnt feel like it fit with the "Thunder" theme. I used the new color scheme because i felt it better represented a thunderous and stormy feeling. I can try a version that reincorporates the blue though if you'd like. And thanks to everybody else for the feeback! I'll move the numbers up farther and I'm particularly fond of the Pride jersey myself as well.

Yellow and orange are so close on the color wheel that a palette built on them just screams for contrast. There'a a good reason why orange and blue are paired in the Thunder's current palette (and is a common palette in sports in general): the pairing provides contrast. Now, a triad of blue, orange, and yellow could work, and would be unique in sports. But you need to consider how the colors relate to each other, and what their hierarchy is.

rATMcmK.png

So firstly I'd like to thank everybody for their feedback. I tried to take everything you guys said into account and made adjustments accordingly. Unfortunately for now I dropped the yellow alternate because i couldn't find a design that clicked with me. I also won't be updating the Pride jersey because I'm happy with the design at the moment. So some of the changes i made were moving the numbers up on the jerseys, I incorporated gray into the other jerseys besides the away jersey, and i used a different shade of red-orange to give the color scheme a little more contrast (just a side note, the red-orange I'm using now is actually the one the Thunder use in their logo). I tried to use blue in jerseys besides the Pride jersey but I couldn't find a look that clicked with me. So here are my updated concepts:

2edfwxm.png

I am always open to more feedback, so if anybody can offer up any changes feel free to do so. Thanks everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

I went away from the blue because i didnt feel like it fit with the "Thunder" theme. I used the new color scheme because i felt it better represented a thunderous and stormy feeling. I can try a version that reincorporates the blue though if you'd like. And thanks to everybody else for the feeback! I'll move the numbers up farther and I'm particularly fond of the Pride jersey myself as well.

you don't see thunder you hear it in my opinion they pulled their color scheme from the color of lighting which seems to be electric blue and white and the dark sky would be the dark blue i like the last jersey but the first 2 just don't fit with thunder in my personal opinion.

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

Archived