Football Helmet decals and actual size

Artofacks1

If you don't find the actual specs anywhere (and I'd be surprised if you do), you might try what I do when making custom Pocket Pro football helmets. I search out photos of actual helmets. When you find one with a good side view of the helmet, measure the logo (both width and height), measure the helmet (both width and height), and then calculate the size of the logo as a percentage of the helmet's size. It's not exact but it will get you close.

I've learned a lot in this type of research, such as that the Patriots' Pat Patriot logo was various sizes over the years, getting much larger as time went on. The Redskins' helmet logo was larger in the 70s and early 80s than it is today. The same was true of the old Dolphins logo, the Oilers, 49ers, Saints, Packers, and Bucco Bruce, among others. So, depending on what era you're trying to replicate, be sure to research examples from that era. You may have to get creative with your image searches to find what you're looking for, using particular players' names, years, etc. in your searches. Using the terms "game used" or "game worn" can also help filter out the replicas. Good luck!

Archived