72Freebie's ECHL(Wheeling Thunderbirds [87/87] Completed!

72freebie

I love all of your works on these, I especially like it because I see teams that I've never heard of and with a minor league you can create unique and out of the box designs. Keep up the awesome work!

To add to that. The number of total teams that you are doing is a lot. So hey waiting builds anticipation for an awesome uni set. I'm in no rush.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next team is the Mississippi Seawolves. I am not a fan of having red in this color scheme so I got rid of it completely. I used just the blue gold and black and I am really happy with how it turned out. The home and away are very similar to what they used to wear just in the new color scheme. The third jersey is a wavy design that is obviously inspired from the islanders fisherman jerseys

Mississippi Seawolves

Mississippi_zpsns2sxc4y.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

The next team is the Mobile Mystics. this teams logo is definitely unique but it's not great. Their jerseys were also pretty cool and they used the mardi gras colors well. My concept is definitely unique and uses a sharp striping pattern. The third jersey is obviously only based on mardi gras. I created a new logo with a mardi gras mask inside a roundel. I also used a diamond pattern with the green yellow and purple. And I know yellow pants hardly ever work, but with this jersey I think they might.

Mobile Mystics

Mobile_zps6sttjc1g.png

The next team is the Nashville Knights. Another original team with a pretty slick logo. the tam wore oilers ripoffs and I don't think they worked at all. I like the orange and blue so I kept that but added quite a bit of grey into the jerseys to fit the Knights theme. It still somewhat resembles the Oilers but still gives them their own identity.

Nashville Knights

Nashville_zpsgd6vluse.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys i'm back again with another concept. This time it's the New Orleans Brass. I really love all of the logos that this team has. It made the concept really easy to do. The home and away use triple colored striping inside black. I really like how this turned out. You will also notice the gold away jersey. I did it to be unique and to somewhat relate the team to the New Orleans Saints. The third uses the really cool jester logo and a new arm design that I tried.

New Orleans Brass

New%20Orleans_zpsfsck2h7t.png

Here is the next team, The Ontario reign. This team looked phenomenal before they went to the AHL. The dragon logos are top notch and the jerseys were sharp and had gradients. Now they are simply an LA Kings ripoff. I am really sad that they didn't keep their old brand because it is much better. My concept brings back the gradients and a neat spike design on the arms. The third jersey is a little more subtle and uses very sharp angles.

Ontario Reign

Ontario_zps7ewviata.png

the next team is the Pee Dee Pride. This team basically wore copy jerseys for their whole existence. I found some with Calgary flames clones and some with the same template as the Philadelphia flyers 3rd jersey. They didn't really look bad but I like it when teams make something original. I kept it very early 2000's with this one and just used diagonal striping to go with the logo. The 3rd uses a modified logo and a yellow to black gradient in the striping. It was somewhat inspired by the Canucks 95 third jersey.

Pee Dee Pride

Pee%20Dee_zpssow6ujcb.png

Next team is the Pensacola Ice Pilots. This team had 3 very different brands in their history. I think that the first two were both very good so I didn't want to touch them too much. The one I did't like as much was the last one that they used before they went defunct. Its used a pretty cool jet design but I think that it had too much of it. My concept goes a little more traditional while still using that sweet jet.

Pensacola Ice Pilots

Pensacola_zpsfa9nyeox.png

I have to say as a guy who worked with the Icepilots and spent many years listening to the fans. you did alright. The logo you used was by far the worse in the history of the Icepilots. The Idiot who owned them at that time was such a Dick. He waited till it was to late for the ECHL to do anything about it and told them he would be entering the season. Then he left town and sold all the gear/Equipment and even had one of the workers from the Civic center drive the zamboni to a local warehouse.

Mustangs banner.png

big banner.png

The next team is the Peoria Rivermen. This team is currently back in the SPHL and they use a very unique wavy design with a great logo. I cant say the same about the ECHL logos though. They used to use a design with diagonal stripes. I don't think that it fit the identity well so I went with something that did. I went with a colorful wavy design that is somewhat similar to the Islanders fisherman jerseys. I think it fits much better and I am happy with how it turned out.

Peoria Rivermen

Peoria_zps5w72ocjz.png

This thread isn't getting enough attention..... bit it should be. You have a really great mind and a lot of these look terrific. You've shown that not all hockey teams have to look a certain way, and you've added all these little details that really shine.

I don't have a favourite..... as these are all fantastic. All I can say is keep up the good work..... and I can't wait to see who's next.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

the next team is the Phoenix Roadrunners. I really like this teams color scheme and it was easy to make a jersey set with it. I used a very simple design that somewhat follows the design on the jersey that the roadrunner is wearing. The third jersey pays homage to the WHA Roadrunners with a little more black and some adjustments to the shoulder striping.

Phoenix Roadrunners

Phoenix_zpshmk0iqxk.png

Archived