72freebie

72Freebie's ECHL(Wheeling Thunderbirds [87/87] Completed!

I love all the blue!

Thank you everyone for all of the positive comments. Also for getting this thread to 200 replies. It has been a long series but you guys keep motivating me to keep working and have a lot of fun making them. Still 15 more to go!

Can you do the Baton Rouge King Fish.

Page 5 post 89 ;)

Page 5 post 89 ;)

Sorry I did not know I thought I saw them all I guess not.

And we are finally at the last current team, the Wichita Thunder. I chose a design similar to an older design of thiers with huge lightning bolts runnung across the arms, I also addes this to the hem. The third jersey is a throwback jersey. I picked this one because I believe this was the jersey they wore when the won thier first CHL title.

Wichita Thunder

Wichita_zpsfppxpg0a.png

Love this concept! As a Thunder fan, I really liked these jerseys when they used them back in the 2006-07 season. Well done. And the alternate jersey is well done too. And yes, they wore a very similar jersey when they won their back-to-back titles in the mid 90's.

The only thing I would change is the design on the pants. Make it look more like Tamps' bolt and instead of the grey outline, I'd change it to white.

I wish I would've found this thread earlier. I love most of the concepts so far. I don't understand why some teams go with certain jerseys when there are several really creative people out there who come up with great concepts. Well done!

And we are finally at the last current team, the Wichita Thunder. I chose a design similar to an older design of thiers with huge lightning bolts runnung across the arms, I also addes this to the hem. The third jersey is a throwback jersey. I picked this one because I believe this was the jersey they wore when the won thier first CHL title.

Wichita Thunder

Wichita_zpsfppxpg0a.png

Love this concept! As a Thunder fan, I really liked these jerseys when they used them back in the 2006-07 season. Well done. And the alternate jersey is well done too. And yes, they wore a very similar jersey when they won their back-to-back titles in the mid 90's.

The only thing I would change is the design on the pants. Make it look more like Tamps' bolt and instead of the grey outline, I'd change it to white.

I wish I would've found this thread earlier. I love most of the concepts so far. I don't understand why some teams go with certain jerseys when there are several really creative people out there who come up with great concepts. Well done!

Hey! A fellow thunder fan! I really have to agree with you, and I also have a jersey with that design from 06-07.

Regarding the thread, I have stalked this thread for a long time, and I waited for this man to say something so I could either agree or disagree. All concepts are very thought out.

the next team is the Raleigh Icecaps. This team wore the Dallas stars "star" jersey for most of its existence and I don't think that it really fit the team that well. I gave them a very unique 90's type design that I think suites them much better. I also made the ice blue color very more dominant. The third jersey uses their original logo and eliminates the black for a very retro look.

Raleigh Icecaps

Raleigh_zpswxradde6.png

the next team is the Raleigh Icecaps. This team wore the Dallas stars "star" jersey for most of its existence and I don't think that it really fit the team that well. I gave them a very unique 90's type design that I think suites them much better. I also made the ice blue color very more dominant. The third jersey uses their original logo and eliminates the black for a very retro look.

Raleigh Icecaps

Raleigh_zpswxradde6.png

Are you like an ex ccm employee who wants to show them that you can design better. These are awesome. I'm saving all the images (weird I know)

Raleigh Icecaps

Raleigh_zpswxradde6.png

NICE! I think the Carolina Hurricanes should do something with the old IceCaps brand to honor hockey's past in the city...

I'd use the 3rd jersey logo on all the jersey's. it's a much better mark.

The next team up is the Richmond Renegades. I can definitely say that this was one of my most anticipated teams to do for this project. Throughout their history they had many different jerseys. The ones that stand out are the ones from the mid to late 90's. They pretty much defined the 90's all by themselves. Wacky design and huge logos with that teal and purple color scheme were really something special. My concept brings back the huge R logo and combines it with another one of their designs from the 90's. The third jersey is a double toned purple and teal jersey that I could have easily seen the team using during the 90's.

Richmond Renegades

Richmond.png

3 hours ago, 72freebie said:

The next team up is the Richmond Renegades. I can definitely say that this was one of my most anticipated teams to do for this project. Throughout their history they had many different jerseys. The ones that stand out are the ones from the mid to late 90's. They pretty much defined the 90's all by themselves. Wacky design and huge logos with that teal and purple color scheme were really something special. My concept brings back the huge R logo and combines it with another one of their designs from the 90's. The third jersey is a double toned purple and teal jersey that I could have easily seen the team using during the 90's.

Richmond Renegades

Richmond.png

As a fan of the old Renegades, I think you nailed this one.  The third is a little too abstract.  But I've seen more abstract designs before.  Not bad.

Going back and looking at some of your uniforms.  I think they're solid work.  Very retro (1990s).

The next team is the Roanoke Express. I really like the last logo that this team used, the problem is, I can't find the jersey that they wore with it. My concept is based off of the current ducks jerseys with the pointy star shaped striping. I also used lots of red and I think that the black jersey with the red equipment would look pretty cool. The third jersey uses their original logo and colors and it is basically what I would have liked to see in their original jerseys.

Roanoke Express

Roanoke.png

the next team is the Roanoke Valley Rebels. This team was one of the originals in the ECHL and there logo definitely shows it. There jerseys were simple but I think that they could have used a little more spunk to them. I may have went a little crazy with them but it definitely would have been a unique look at the time.

Roanoke Valley Rebels

Roanoke valley.png

I don't think having a confederate flag alternate uniform is a good idea. 

Love the last three concepts.

Richmond: You hit the 90's on the head. The jerseys almost have that wacky paper cup design to them.

Roanoke Express: I love the home and away uniforms. Nothing fancy, yet very sharp.

Roanoke Rebels: Exactly how I pictured the Rebels. Fits the theme of the south and the confederate flag. Well done.