72Freebie's ECHL(Wheeling Thunderbirds [87/87] Completed!

72freebie

The Next team is the Colorado Eagles. From what I have seen, the eagles have worn black jerseys with the main secondary color being blue. I eliminated the black and used red,yellow and blue. the pattern is basically the one from the logo. the third jersey is basically a Colorado pride uniform because the flag of Colorado was used on the NHL's first NHL team, The Colorado Rockies. A little more C@C would be nice but thank you to everyone who has commented so far.

Colorado Eagles

colorado_zpsjzh3aong.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay I guess not.

Next team is the Elmira Jackals. They currently use the buffaslug template which really doesn't look that bad. that being said, I hate it when minor league teams use existing templates. its very lazy. I came up with an original design that I have not seen done before. The alternate is a simple,clean jersey with traditional striping and diagonal script.

Elmira Jackals

Elmira_zpsdyonribv.png

The Next team is the Colorado Eagles. From what I have seen, the eagles have worn black jerseys with the main secondary color being blue. I eliminated the black and used red,yellow and blue. the pattern is basically the one from the logo. the third jersey is basically a Colorado pride uniform because the flag of Colorado was used on the NHL's first NHL team, The Colorado Rockies. A little more C@C would be nice but thank you to everyone who has commented so far.

Colorado Eagles

colorado_zpsjzh3aong.png

This is what they wear now:DHood-640x340.jpg

So, the more I see your Eagles concept, the more I love it. Certainly thousands of times better than this lackluster uniform.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Wow, that Eagles alternate is beautiful. Can't wait for a Colorado team to finally use a design like that. Either way, The striping from the eagle being carried onto the jersey is fine, but the lack of it actually wrapping around the jersey is fine. Other than that, these have all been great!

Here is the Evansville icemen, and yet another team I don't like the current look of. This is a pretty simple set. Big thick striping and colors that work well together. Really not much to say. The alternate is definitely has a striping pattern I have never used before and I ended up liking how it looked

Evansville icemen

Evansvills_zpsrpyjw695.png

The only team I liked in the echl was the sf bulls before they folded. However these designs may soon (minus the hometown aspect) change my opinion. (Don't get me wrong still a sf bulls fan) these ALL look better than each team's current look. Never cease to impress. (Ive said this with other threads to so) KEEP THIS THREAD GOING

28ahpn4.jpg

NbyQSAg.pngODa02WA.pngChTDCVV.png

Here is the Evansville icemen, and yet another team I don't like the current look of. This is a pretty simple set. Big thick striping and colors that work well together. Really not much to say. The alternate is definitely has a striping pattern I have never used before and I ended up liking how it looked

Evansville icemen

This would look better you put this logo on all 3 jerseys:

2lx6s6o.jpg

Evansville icemen

This would look better you put this logo on all 3 jerseys:
I was thinking about it, but I feel that It would throw the colors of the jersey off because of all of the silver in that logo

Next up is the Florida Everblades. I really like their current jerseys for one reason, and that is the teeth pattern. The problem I have with this is that they only use it on the hem and use basic striping in the arms. It also has and unnecessary phantom yoke. The set I came up with fixes these problems. The alternate also uses this pattern as I just really love it and I think it would set this identity apart from every other hockey team. I also used gradients again as I thought that the gradient worked well in these colours.

Florida Everblades

Florida_zpsvra595pb.png

These are great. Nothing too over the top while maintaining that minor league feel. If there's any advice I'd give you, it's to make the numbers smaller on the back and make the NOB bigger with a different font. That font looks like Arial and just doesn't fit on a sports jersey.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Next we have the Fort Wayne Komets. I Googled this team and I cant say that their was a jersey that I saw, that I liked very much. I really don't like their current primary but absolutely love their secondary logo, so I ended up using it. The design is basic diagonal stripes but I think that it works well with this logo. The alternate is a throwback jersey. I don't know what year it is from but it uses the original spaceman logo so it must be pretty old.

I also just wanted to clear up why I am not using NHL affiliate patches. I just don't like the idea of teams having to put a major league logo on their shoulder just because they are associated with them. I think that these teams should just be able to use their own identity and logos and not have to worry about NHL and AHL patches.

Fort Wayne Komets

Fort%20Wayne_zpsrskagdgc.png

The next team is the Greenville Road Warriors. This teams current jerseys are okay but they only use blue and white and not the oil colour and silver. I included both of these coulors to enchance the look. This is one of my first times using piping and I think it looks it looks pretty good. The third jersey is the oil colour. I really wanted to see what a jersey of this colour would look like and I think that when you add enough blue with it, it doesn't look too bad.

Greenville Road Warriors

Greenville_zpsbqrufbaa.png

Next we have the Gwinnett Gladiators. I relly love the design that this team currently has but I decdided to go a different way. They currently use a diamond pattern so I added big diamond on the arms. The home and road are basically the same jersey, just one is black and one is white. I didn;t change any colours on the arms on the black jersey because I didn't think the white looked very good. I also did a red helmet and pant combo with the black jersey because I thought that it looked great when Ariona did it with thier alternate jersey. Speaking of alternate. this alternate uses the atlanta flames tribute logos and colours. I decided to go outside the box and use a flame design instead of going with a traditional look. I also used the g fire sword logo because I thoughty it woukld be more fitting. Thanks everybodey for the great comments.

Gwinnett Gladiators

Gwinnett_zpsv1holrzi.png

next up we have the Idaho Steelheads. I think that thier current look is coll, but could use some refining. I love the trees on the side but I dont like the curved lines that go from the edge of the arm down to the hem. They use the tree pattern but thier secondary logo but dont use the mountain aspect of it. I combined both the mountain and tree pattern to make something that I think looks pretty neat. I also took blue out of the colour scheme because the grey and black is unique to the ECHL and there are a lot of blue teams left to do in this league. The alternate is a throwback jersey. It is the last jersey that they wore as thier old identity befiore they rebranded in 2007.

Idaho Steelheads

Idaho_zpsezjul5x6.png

Archived