72Freebie's ECHL(Wheeling Thunderbirds [87/87] Completed!

72freebie

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our next team is the Original Cincinnati Cyclones from the early 90's. This team only lasted 2 years before Cincinnati would get a team back later. They sported probably the worst sports logo in history (in my opinion) and some terrible chrome jerseys. I kept these simple and used more grey. They are all pretty much the same because im pretty sure thats what they would do with this identity.

Original Cincinnati Cyclones

Cincinatti_zpsrrcfjbzk.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

Finally got back to this series. I have been busy making other concepts but this will be my main priority again. The next team is the Columbia Inferno. My concept is similar to what they actually wore. They had fire all over thier jersey that made for a very unique set. The third is pretty crazy but in the ECHl, I think that anything could work.

Columbia Inferno

Columbia_zpsljcmsien.png

I actually love that third more than the home and away haha, it just fits, my only suggestion would be to curve the chest stripe on the back to better match the sleaves...

I'll be waiting on a Johnstown Chiefs concept, but due to the sheer amount of teams, that could take a while...

Jake88%2BSignture.png

Next up we have the Columbus Chill. This team had some totally 90's jerseys. The design on the arm looked awesome but terrible at the same time. On the other arm, it was the same as the LA kings jerseys from the same era and it just looked out of place.It also had a logo that was flipped on a 90 degree angle. They were definitely unique. I fixed all of this by putting the spike design on both arms and putting the logo the way it should be. I alos hadded some stripes at the hem. The third jersey combines all three colours into something that definitely could have passed as a jersey in the 90's. Especially with this team.

Columbus Chill

Columbus_zpstl8mu7wh.png

Love the whole set so far. I'd recommend using red for an away/alt for the old Cyclones, way to maybe spice it up a little more. Other than that, amazing!

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

Next team is the Other ECHL Columbus team. The Columbus Cottonmouths. This team still actually exists in the SPHl under the same name, but they did use the name and logos in the ECHL for a few years in the early 2000's. This design is something that I think would have easikly been used in the early 2000's. The third is something I have wanted to try out for a while now, and I think it works well with the identity.

Columbus Cottonmouths

Columbus2_zpscdm0ixsb.png

Our next team is the Dayton Bombers. This is also the halfway point of the thread. This design is similar to the old dallas stars jerseys just in a different shape. Not too much to say about it. They played when that design was being used so it could have easily been worn by the team. the third is sort of a throwback jersey. It uses the original logo and design of the team, but with the current colours.

Dayton Bombers

Dayton_zps0qs0ecqk.png

Next team is the Erie Panthers. This team had possibly two of the worst hockey logos of all time. from what I could find though, they never used one of them on a jersey. The one they used was bland and boring. The jerseys were copies of the LA kings grey and black jerseys. I used the slightly less terrible logo that was never used, in my concept. This logo also makes for a more interesting colour scheme. I made it a simple design to fit the early 90's. i always call the early 90's the really boring era of hockey jerseys. Look at the NHL from that time. Almpst all of the teams had generic striping and designs. This obviously changed drastically in the late 90's. Anyways here is the pantehrs.

Erie Panthers

Erie_zpsvc6cerfq.png

the next team is the Fresno Falcons. This was a pretty short lived team in the mid 2000's. Went with a design that I thought went well with the logo. This was also a common design in this era. The third is pretty simple other than the wing on the underarms.

Fresno Falcons

Fresno_zpsdrflfd3f.png

Just out of general curiosity. Why are the home jerseys white and the away ones colored. I don't dislike it I'm just curious

Because in the echl and ahl, white is the home jersey. Similar to what the NHL did up until the early 2000's

Archived