72Freebie's ECHL(Wheeling Thunderbirds [87/87] Completed!

72freebie

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back with another concept! This time it is the Huntington Blizzard. This team has the purple and teal color scheme that so many other teams had in the 90's. I do really like this color scheme though. This team had some pretty simple 90's jerseys that used the colors well. I also think that this team wore one of the craziest 3'rd jerseys from the 90's.Look it up, you will not be disappointed. My concept uses a unique design that would fit right into the 90's. My third jersey isn't as great as the one that they wore but I am still very happy with how it turned out.

Huntington Blizzard

Huntington_zpsdgzfrmqe.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

The next team is the Huntsville Blast. This team only played for one season in the early 90's and I couldn't find a picture of their jerseys, so I cant critique them. My concept is very simple but has a unique striping pattern. The third I think looks really cool and I am happy with how the whole set turned out.

Huntsville Blast

Huntsville_zpsql85a7ni.png

The next team is the Jackson Bandits. This team used very simple jerseys. They only used black,grey and white on their jerseys and completely ignored the orange and cream color. My set uses grey as the main color and bring in the orange and cream. Not much to say about the designs. They have the arm coloring cut off at the striping which is something I haven't really tried before. I like how my third jersey turned out. I think its because the colors work very well together.

Jackson Bandits

Jackson_zpsfnq8y1nc.png

The next team is the Huntsville Blast. This team only played for one season in the early 90's and I couldn't find a picture of their jerseys, so I cant critique them. My concept is very simple but has a unique striping pattern. The third I think looks really cool and I am happy with how the whole set turned out.

Huntsville Blast

Huntsville_zpsql85a7ni.png

I found a picture of the Huntsville Jerseys. I can't post them cause I'm on mobile, but they're the Minnesota Black stars rip offs, with blue, and the word blast for the logo. http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/Cards/Hockey/59495/59495-3328595Fr.jpg

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

There are some great looking jerseys in here, especially the Admirals and Swamp Rabbits. IMO, most of your best concepts are thirds.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

the next team is the Jacksonville Lizard Kings. I must say that that I absolutely love the logos of this team. It just fits the minor league feel perfectly. In their original jerseys they had yellow,green,purple,white and black in the color scheme. I feel that is a little to many colors so I got rid of the yellow. The third jersey uses the alternate logo with the crazy color scheme. The team had a crazy alternate with this logo back when they played. Look it up, you wont be disappointed.

Jacksonville Lizard Kings

Jacksonville_zpsgifb6hjd.png

the next team is the Jacksonville Lizard Kings. I must say that that I absolutely love the logos of this team. It just fits the minor league feel perfectly. In their original jerseys they had yellow,green,purple,white and black in the color scheme. I feel that is a little to many colors so I got rid of the yellow. The third jersey uses the alternate logo with the crazy color scheme. The team had a crazy alternate with this logo back when they played. Look it up, you wont be disappointed.

Jacksonville Lizard Kings

Jacksonville_zpsgifb6hjd.png

LOVE that design....I think this might open up some Doors for you (get it?)

bYhYmxh.png

I'm back with another team! This time it's the Johnstown Chiefs. from what I found,the team wore Boston bruins clones and Calgary Flames Clones so not really much to talk about. I never liked the color fade from yellow to orange so I simplified the word mark and got rid of the rugged look on the arrow to make the logo much cleaner. I did bring the fade back for the third jersey however.

Johnstown Chiefs

Johnstown_zps2yekajfh.png

I'm back with another team! This time it's the Johnstown Chiefs. from what I found,the team wore Boston bruins clones and Calgary Flames Clones so not really much to talk about. I never liked the color fade from yellow to orange so I simplified the word mark and got rid of the rugged look on the arrow to make the logo much cleaner. I did bring the fade back for the third jersey however.

Johnstown Chiefs

Johnstown_zps2yekajfh.png

Honestly I've been a fan of your work so far, but I guess being a Johnstown native I kind of expected a little more reserved look for the chiefs. It's a nice looking set, don't get me wrong, but to me it seems a little too complex. This has been a great thread so far, keep up the good work!

IFI8izO.gif

Archived