Each team's best look

MCM0313

Pittsburgh Penguins:

03-16-28_1991-stanley-cup-celebration_or

They desperately need to go back to this ASAP. The gold sleeves contrasting with the black jersey and pants is just perfect.

Boston Bruins:

bos-bruins-15-10.jpg

They've kept tinkering with their striping for years and years, but they got it exactly right when the Edge template was introduced (how many teams can you say that about?). Hope they keep this striping forever.

Hartford Whalers:

d70dca3c527cc014491a595e8f4b578d.jpg

There's a discussion in the NHL updates thread about white jerseys versus color jerseys. I generally prefer color jerseys, but this is one of those great exceptions. The amazing logo pops so well off of the white jersey, and there's no extraneous silver or convoluted striping here. These were absolute classics - it's too bad we'll never see them on ice again.

St. Louis Blues:

Blues05.png

I do like their current uniforms, but I think these are definitely superior. Simple yet classic, and the colors truly pop.

Calgary Flames:

0315-cgy-retro14.jpg?format=750w

It can be very tough to make the red/yellow/white color scheme work without black, but these jerseys did it perfectly. A lot simpler and more attractive than any of the Flames' uniforms with black in them.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New England Patriots:

patriots-nike-throwback-jersey-vs-jets-2

I'm actually not a huge fan of Pat Patriot as a logo, but this jersey has such a great design that it trumps the mediocre logo adorning the helmet. Put a new logo on this, and it'd be perfect.

New York Jets:

Jets_uniforms12.png

Had to get one of my favorite teams in here. This - without Nike's sweatpits - is how the Jets should look. I actually prefer the forest green to the kelly green, and I think the Jets should take their green pants and burn them in a bonfire.

San Francisco 49ers;

joe-montana-greatest-qb.jpg

The throwbacks introduced in 1994 are undoubtedly classics, but I think these are ultimately superior. Fix the sleeve stripes on the current unis, and they'd be right back where they belong.

Miami Dolphins:

CV4Sr2WVEAANJL5.jpg

Just bring these back. That's all. One throwback game was most definitely not enough.

• 7 months later...
47 minutes ago, verno said:

I know a lot of people like the Steelers pre-italac look, but I couldn't disagree more. I think their current look is amazing!!

Both uniforms are good, but I do prefer the italics as it separates them from the rest of the teams that use block numerals.

I wish the Knicks in the 2000's played as well as they looked. Best jersey IMO. If the Knicks started using the old NEW YORK script, their current jerseys would be so much better.

image.JPG

The Jets during the Reebok Era had great jerseys. I'm on the same boat, Forest Green works better than Kelly Green. 

2704964-running-back-curtis-martin-of-th

But then Nike took over and now I feel their jerseys (as long with many others) got butchered.

ryan-tannehill-muhammad-wilkerson-nfl-mi

XM4KeeA.png

Archived