The Moose are back.

Lee.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see a few changes to the logo, minor but solid. Wish the jerseys were at least somewhat unique, like a return to the old number font would be welcomed and great.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Yeah, those are them. I'd have preferred the original colors, personally, but not surprised to see them maintain brand integrity with the double blue and silver.

Also: hey, no leaf!

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Wish they would have gone with the original colors. I wish all minor league teams would go with original team names, color schemes, and uniforms instead of recoloring their logos or changing team names to fit their current parent club. Being affiliated doesn't mean you have to be twins.

True, but the Jets are, by necessity, an organization that develops its talent from within. In that context, it makes sense to have continuity between the developmental league and the pros. It makes sense, but it doesn't look good.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think the updated logo is an improvement over the previous one. What was the team's primary color? Beige, tan, light brown, medium brown, or dark brown? Oh, it was green. The new one simplifies the shading and also manages to be in team colors.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

But the word "MOOSE" was in big green letters, and the sweaters were green. I will say that the Moose never had a "sportsy" color palette, more of just a pleasant collection of colors that would have worked just as well for, say, redecorating a family room. But rare is the logo that looks better in a new color scheme; usually these things are designed with particular colors in mind. If they wanted to 1) reinstate the popular Manitoba Moose brand, 2) establish continuity with the Winnipeg Jets, and 3) make sure people had to buy new crap, they should have commissioned a new picture of a moose instead of recoloring the old one. This one looks like they pulled the moose out of cold storage like Ted Williams.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I guess I don't see the point of the updates they made to the logo... It's like airbrushing a picture of Michelle Keegan. Can you? Of course you can, but it's not really needed.

I'm probably the only one who likes the re-coloured logo. Normally, I have no problem with the minor team wearing the exact same jersey as the parent club, but considering the team is playing in the exact same building, a slightly different jersey would have been the way to go, while keeping the same colours. They should have taken the sleeve stripes on the blue jersey and carried them over to the hem. Similar, yet different.

But the word "MOOSE" was in big green letters, and the sweaters were green. I will say that the Moose never had a "sportsy" color palette, more of just a pleasant collection of colors that would have worked just as well for, say, redecorating a family room. But rare is the logo that looks better in a new color scheme; usually these things are designed with particular colors in mind. If they wanted to 1) reinstate the popular Manitoba Moose brand, 2) establish continuity with the Winnipeg Jets, and 3) make sure people had to buy new crap, they should have commissioned a new picture of a moose instead of recoloring the old one. This one looks like they pulled the moose out of cold storage like Ted Williams.

:lol::lol::lol:

tedwilliams.gif

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived