Chicago Bulls Logo *New 2.0 Shape*

hettinger_rl

(I would like to preface this post with the fact that this is not my concept.)

The bulls logo has become pretty much iconic to the city of Chicago and NBA in general. You really can't change it drastically at this point.

That said, it has started to look extremely dated. All you really need to do is clean up the lines to bring it into the modern era. Its what most sports teams do. Keep the logo intact, but tweak everything so it looks like it belongs in whatever year its being updated to.

This guy did a fantastic job of what I mean.

Chicago+Bulls.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few more tweaks:

14b73eq.jpg

Are there any particular areas of problem or comments?

I'd started to notice how large the forehead is and once you see something thats all you see.... so re-shaped slightly:

epoish.jpg

Lots of people have done that update to the Bulls. It's good to see something different. As iconic as the logo may be, it's ok to try something fresh. I applaud those that go beyond the standard update.

Yes, better to try thing outside the box.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Taking comments into consideration, I've retooled the shape. Better or worse?

35i5cpf.jpg

The face from this one, with the overall shape of the previous iteration, and I think you've got it.

I don't know...

10nxc1y.jpg

This one is OK,

2btj12.jpg

Not lovin either.

I think the toon-ish face needs to be with the toon-ish shape and the same to the real-ish one.

I love the top one!

35i5cpf.jpg

The face from this one, with the overall shape of the previous iteration, and I think you've got it.

I don't know...

10nxc1y.jpg

This one is OK,

2btj12.jpg

Not lovin either.

I think the toon-ish face needs to be with the toon-ish shape and the same to the real-ish one.

I love the top one!

This one?

10nxc1y.jpg

35i5cpf.jpg

I don't know...

10nxc1y.jpg

This one is OK,

2btj12.jpg

Not lovin either.

I love the top one!

This one?

10nxc1y.jpg

Yes, I think that's perfect.

I'd started to notice how large the forehead is and once you see something thats all you see.... so re-shaped slightly:

epoish.jpg

Looking good. Some of the lines could be thicker still. The area that stands out most to me is the top of the ears, they definitely look like they should be thicker. Overall I very much like it, though I think that he looks pretty youthful, so I dunno if it's giving me an NBA vibe. This would be amazing for a high school, though, or maybe University of South Florida.

(I would like to preface this post with the fact that this is not my concept.)

The bulls logo has become pretty much iconic to the city of Chicago and NBA in general. You really can't change it drastically at this point.

That said, it has started to look extremely dated. All you really need to do is clean up the lines to bring it into the modern era. Its what most sports teams do. Keep the logo intact, but tweak everything so it looks like it belongs in whatever year its being updated to.

This guy did a fantastic job of what I mean.

Chicago+Bulls.png

Yes.. but that bull is cross-eyed.

epoish.jpg

Looking good. Some of the lines could be thicker still. The area that stands out most to me is the top of the ears, they definitely look like they should be thicker. Overall I very much like it, though I think that he looks pretty youthful, so I dunno if it's giving me an NBA vibe. This would be amazing for a high school, though, or maybe University of South Florida.

hrl, you made a great drawing of a bull. A great anatomic expression. A great likeness.

But not a clean, simple logo. IMO the highlights give it a gradient feel, and we all hate those (don't we, biscuit) simplify a few line s(i.e. take a scruff or 2 out of the ears, give them less detail. Same with the forehead.)

tinysig.jpg

• 8 months later...
On 5/8/2015 at 10:11 PM, Jake3.roo said:

Yes.. but that bull is cross-eyed.

hrl, you made a great drawing of a bull. A great anatomic expression. A great likeness.

But not a clean, simple logo. IMO the highlights give it a gradient feel, and we all hate those (don't we, biscuit) simplify a few line s(i.e. take a scruff or 2 out of the ears, give them less detail. Same with the forehead.)

Changed a few things here. + or -?

20few54.jpg

Archived