Deflategate -- Patriots Busted

leopard88

A lot of people think he shouldn't get the 4 games because they think that the punishment is over the footballs being deflated. It is because he had the chance to come clean, and he chose not to do so. Also, why is this being compared to the Ray Rice issue? Two completely separate issues. This one actually has to do with the product on-field, whereas the other was a criminal issue.

The NFL used "more probable than not" to "convict" Brady, while Roger used "eye test" to give Rice 2 games, when "more probable than not" bs would have said Rice laid her out.

Goodell and the league love to throw around "integrity of the game" when things like the substitute refs were used, no true oversight of refs, preferential treatment of certain franchises when it comes to when they play...you see the pattern I'm laying it. More probable than not the NFL is just in CYA mode right now.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funniest reason I've heard of why the book should be thrown at Brady and the Patriots: People bet millions of dollars on these games, and they should be fair.

That's the real basis for the whole 'integrity of the game' line. It's so that the people who bet millions of dollars on the games can have some comfort in knowing that the game is at least kind of fair. Gambling money is usually at the heart of all the decisions that are made to better the 'integrity of the game.'

There's just hypocrisy abound throughout this story. Especially coming from the fans.

jNTsTyQ.png

Funniest reason I've heard of why the book should be thrown at Brady and the Patriots: People bet millions of dollars on these games, and they should be fair.

That's the real basis for the whole 'integrity of the game' line. It's so that the people who bet millions of dollars on the games can have some comfort in knowing that the game is at least kind of fair. Gambling money is usually at the heart of all the decisions that are made to better the 'integrity of the game.'

There's just hypocrisy abound throughout this story. Especially coming from the fans.

I'm not a Patriots fan. I couldn't give a six bit about them, but my ranker comes from the league itself: integrity of the game.

The two most esteemed franchises, the Giants and Steelers, were founded by gamblers. And by allowing the families to continue to own the teams, using money garnered from said teams to continue to fund them, the NFL "more probable than not" appears to be a league set up for gambling, only.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Honestly - and this is coming from someone who doesn't mind the Patriots and Tom Brady, and who doesn't think that this "deflategate" thing is that big of a deal - the NFL probably should've suspended Brady for more games, especially given their "integrity of the game" wording. The NFL has shown that it's perfectly capable of handing out big-time suspensions for off-the-field issues, but in an issue that directly affects the legitimacy of your Super Bowl champion (and product as a whole) in the eyes of the public, you only give a 4-game suspension to Brady alone. That...doesn't quite seem right, or even logical.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

The entire injury report was designed for gamblers. Your average fan probably has a small interest on whether QB is probable, questionable, doubtful, or out, but the reporting standards and penalties levied are all done for gambling.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The report does not address whether one minute and 40 is consistent with the time that it takes a gentleman to enter a bathroom, relieve himself, wash his hands, and leave. In fact, it is.

wellsreportcontext.com

Only if there are two guys in line in front of him.

Archived