Sign in to follow this  
Anomalied

Chicago Cubs Concept

I live in Chicago and have noticed within the past few years a surge in popularity for sports merchandise featuring parts of the Chicago flag. For instance:

c145645f2903d22e09bdf703ef99bbf9.jpg61BNU36icXL._SX342_.jpg

I then thought about the Cubs incorporating the light blue as an accent with the pre-existing red and white in their color scheme to resemble the flag. The royal 'Cubbie' blue is still the primary color and there are still familiar elements like the home pinstripes, so it's not a huge departure, but I have also tweaked the logos and scripts to earlier versions from past years. I've always felt this Cub head was severely underutilized and the current circle C logoset to be pretty boring (I know it's been around for centuries but it's just my opinion).

9rksZoa.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9rksZoa.jpg

Just a fun concept to throw together, I know it looks pretty minor league-ish. Thoughts, opinions, criticisms welcome.

The only thing I'd say is that the logos and wordmarks are a bit too big. And maybe add some front numbers on one or tow. Otherwise, spectacular stuff!

Like the incorporation of the Chicago blue and flag. But the alt royal blue jersey doesnt work.

I love this idea! Great job, perfect look.

Wordmark looks like Cuba in the World Baseball Classic

The Chicago flag seems to be the biggest among kids who moved here from the suburbs of lesser midwestern cities. Also, Rahm Emanuel.

I'd be okay with a Chicago flag patch on the Cubs' uniforms in lieu of some bear logo, but the light blue would clash with the royal blue everywhere else, and you can't very well change the colors of a flag. It's just as well, I guess; liking the Cubs is enough of an expression of civic pride in and of itself. Now a Pittsburgh flag/city seal for the Pirates and Penguins (and hell, the Steelers, too; put it on the jersey where the logo is), that's where it's at.

As for the rest of the concept, too much fixing what's not broken, as a fan I'm not a fan.

Nice concept. Not an improvement over their current set, but a good job at incorporating the flag colors and imagery into the Cubs' look.

For the royal blue alternate, try reversing the colors on the script so the "Cubs" is in red with a powder blue outline.

Nice look. I'd prefer the home pinstripes to have the circle cub logo on it instead of a wordmark.

This concept is well done. Would like to see the current letter "C" on the cap around the cub face instead of the red circle. Maybe add powder blue color for the pants as well as the shirt on the last uni concept.

Its certainly a well executed concept... I just can't get behind that shade of light blue.