New York/Brooklyn Islanders Jersey Concept

hamman095

It's a good start and I had a similar idea on my NHL redesign thread a couple days ago! The majority said to stick with their current colours and for this set, I'd agree. It needs some contrast and colour. I like the design but I think it's a bit empty...add some hem stripes or something. Good start though!

TWolf

Decent look, I would like to see a different color scheme than the Nets, but not the same as the old scheme. I really enjoy how you use the alternate logo as the primary.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Timberwolf I looked on your thread and I used the Orange Blue Teal and White design for theses new jerseys i modeled them after the old ones kinda but a lot this stupid looking I think. They still need work. What app do you guys use for jersey concepts so i can do these better in the future.Islanders%2Bjersey%2Bhome.pngIslanders%2BAway.pngIslanders%2BAlternate.png

The chromed-out NY logo doesn't stand out enough for me on the white jersey. Also, on that same jersey, you didn't colour in the shoulder yokes on the back view.

And the contrasting nameplates still don't look any better on here than they did on the Isles' Stadium Series jerseys.

If you want to get better at these in the future, pay attention to details, and start feeling your way around a graphics program like Photoshop or GIMP so that you can really get creative. You won't be able to learn it overnight, but if you plug away at it, you can get better.

I'd say go black, teal, and orange for the new Brooklyn Islanders. It's different but the contrast between the teal and orange to the black would be good. Plus it would be adopting old colors and new colors to show the roots of the history as well as the promise of the future. Take the stadium series jersey, Make the blue black, the orange the same and the white stripe on the sleeve teal and see where it goes from there.

As for the whites, see how the black yokes look and keep the sleeve stripes from the home (obviously the predominant color of the sleeves would be white) and add a black stripe to the middle of the teal and orange stripes linking the two together.

This is only a suggestion, but I think this is the best way for black to be adopted while the Islanders keeping some sort of tradition.

From an Islanders fan's perspective: NO.
The orange, white, and blue are the Isles' thing, so don't take that away from us. The black/white set is very cookie-cutter (You just filled in the blanks.) and the chrome doesn't go with it.
The orange, white, and blue set you made looks like it was made on an iPad (The stripes are just drawn on with a marker tool), the waves remind me of the horrid fisherman era, and the logos are tiny.
But please, for the love of God, let the chrome SS logo die. Use a vector version. Also, don't use teal. It's just bad.

Archived