OKC Thunder (updated 07/26/16)

j'villejags

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Change those colors. Too New Orleans Hornets like to me. Though the Hornets played in OKC for a little while, The current colors are beloved by the Thunder fans. Change the colors to the current ones, and you may have something going here.

fiowXOD.png

I'm really liking the color scheme you have here, but I'm not 100% sold on the yellow home alternate. However, I absolutely love the dark grey alternate (the first option you have there is my favorite) I really like how you worked the stripes on both sets, but I do think they might look better if the pattern on the bottom of the shorts wasn't wider than the stripe itself. But excellent work here, miles better than what they currently wear.

Loving the color scheme, would suggest a navy blue? But the updated blue looks nice. Also love the update you've done. I would think that the native patter would work best as a "Pride" uni. Overall nice job!

a2BRS8U.png

Big fan of the updated uniforms, huge improvement on all accounts. I particularly like the idea of an electric yellow alternate.

Thanks Morgo!

I'm really liking the color scheme you have here, but I'm not 100% sold on the yellow home alternate. However, I absolutely love the dark grey alternate (the first option you have there is my favorite) I really like how you worked the stripes on both sets, but I do think they might look better if the pattern on the bottom of the shorts wasn't wider than the stripe itself. But excellent work here, miles better than what they currently wear.

Thanks! Yeah I had a much easier time making the road sets than the home for some reason. I couldn't figure out what colors looked best for the word marks and numbers for the white and yellow sets. I felt like the dark gray was a bit harsh and I felt like it needed more blue when I tried it. On the other hand, the blue didn't quite provide the contrast I wanted with the yellow uniform. And then I felt like I still needed yellow in there somewhere for the white set. The bright yellow was really just intended as a tertiary trim color that would provide some pop but I wanted to try it out as uniform set. Maybe not the best shade of yellow for that.

Interesting point on the stripes. I was trying to incorporate the pattern somehow without overdoing it. If I'm following you correctly, I think the only decent way to do what you describe is to continue the stripe all the way down.

Loving the color scheme, would suggest a navy blue? But the updated blue looks nice. Also love the update you've done. I would think that the native patter would work best as a "Pride" uni. Overall nice job!

Thanks! I hadn't thought of including navy. Navy and the bright yellow would work as an alternate or something. The yellow would pop nicely off a navy set. I might experiment with it. I just didn't want to use a double blue. If it were to replace the current shade of blue, I'd be afraid of the navy and dark gray bleeding into each other.

I also agree about the idea of the patterned set being a pride uniform.

It looks incredible! Better than what they have now. The only thing that bugs me is the colours. I've said it before so I'm not going to be annoying and say it again. Great work though!

Thanks, I hear you. I'll make a version with their current colors when the design is finalized, just for you T-wolf. :)

The lightning-bolt word mark is more effective on Alt 3 than on Alt 2, even if 2 more closely resembles that found in the trim.

Yeah, I couldn't decide on which K I wanted to use so I posted both to let you all decide. I might modify the patterned trim to match the new bolt if that is the preferred choice.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

As requested, here's the set with more accurate team colors. I kept the gray and the blue was close to what they were already using so it stayed the same as well. I simply replaced the yellow with an orange. I tried to avoid using white in the road sets because I didn't want them looking too much like the Knicks.

okcorangewhite2.png

okcorangeblue.png

okcorangeorange.png

okcorangegray1.png

okcorangegray2.png

OKCcourt2.png

Let me know what you think!

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

The blue-yellow colorway is really nice. I would stick with that. And the updated uniforms looks way better. That said, I'm not crazy about how bright the home alternate looks.

Lastly--and sorry to say--I'm still not getting the lightning, even with the update. I keep visualizing the bolt as an altered version of the Tampa Bay Lightning bolt (get rid of the top third of the bolt and make it more upright).

97hhvk8e5if0riesnex30etgz.gif

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Archived