Detroit Pistons Rebrand (Jersey Set)

hettinger_rl

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are a few colored options:

A:2ev6eeh.jpg B:xm95yd.jpg

C:epng3n.jpg D:4j8iky.jpg

Either C or D, hard to choose. I Like where this concept is going, you planning on doing uniforms?

I am. I have the panel for the side of the shorts put together already, I'll be posting that next.

I'd say D. It minimizes the red, which I don't associate with the Pistons nearly as much as the blue and allows the horse to stand out more

I can agree with that. I am, however, looking into using the old 1blue and red scheme from 79/80-95/96. But, I am also so over the RWB epidemic (DET, PHI, ATL, LAC, WAS( 17% of the league!)) that I may play with other color schemes. IMO the only teams that work in RWB are PHI and WAS, for patriotic reasons.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Here's an idea...make the horse chrome. I think it could be a good way to modernize the teams identity, give it more "pop" and I think I could see it going over well with fans in a real life scenario if done tastefully and not overboard.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Here's an idea...make the horse chrome. I think it could be a good way to modernize the teams identity, give it more "pop" and I think I could see it going over well with fans in a real life scenario if done tastefully and not overboard.

This could be an interesting idea.

Also my choice would be D.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Here are a few colored options:

A:2ev6eeh.jpg B:xm95yd.jpg

C:epng3n.jpg D:4j8iky.jpg

Either C or D, hard to choose. I Like where this concept is going, you planning on doing uniforms?

I am. I have the panel for the side of the shorts put together already, I'll be posting that next.

I'd say D. It minimizes the red, which I don't associate with the Pistons nearly as much as the blue and allows the horse to stand out more

I can agree with that. I am, however, looking into using the old 1blue and red scheme from 79/80-95/96. But, I am also so over the RWB epidemic (DET, PHI, ATL, LAC, WAS( 17% of the league!)) that I may play with other color schemes. IMO the only teams that work in RWB are PHI and WAS, for patriotic reasons.

D is the winner by far.

87Redskins.png

Does anyone else feel this way? Also, 57% of the league has a Blue jersey! I hate the idea of adding to that, but would it be sacrilegious to change the Pistons colors?

I think their traditional color scheme is fine and looks good. If you are, however, concerned about the multitude of RWB in the NBA, you could maybe, like another poster said, emphasize the silver/chrome in the look while relegating the red to an accent color. I think that would be nice

Thanks for all the comments!

I took some time to think about what the Pistons could truly be with respect to the city and their history. I also thought of what changes could be made to make them stand out from the RWB blob that the NBA has succumbed to. The themes that have been incorporated are; Horse Power, Durable, Strength, Steadfast, and MOTOR City.

As I spoke of earlier, I took inspiration from the emblems of classic cars to create the logos. I will say that while it may not match up with everything that has been been suggested, it does stand apart from the other identities in the Central Division, Eastern Conference, and League as a whole.

Here is the first of several "peeks" before I unveil the full logo set:

Peek11f0e.png

Archived