Detroit Pistons Rebrand (Jersey Set)

hettinger_rl

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know your purpose for the color change was to distinguish them from the plethora of red, white, and blue teams, but this color change instead gloms the Pistons in with the Bulls, Raptors, Blazers, and (to a lesser extent) the Heat. While the color does look more on the rusty/burnt orange side, it still doesn't really solve the problem of an increasingly monochrome NBA. Maybe seeing the full package will change my mind, but that's a concern of mine at this point in time.

Have to agree with @macalesterscots. The logo looks interesting, but in my view the color scheme is too similar to the Bulls, Raptors and Blazers. If I was you, I would replace black with a dark navy.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Here is the logo sheet:

ms21dg.jpg

Colors:

ou1pc1.jpg

The "red" would be more orange.

I like the overall design. Although I would still replace black with a very dark navy in order to avoid similarities to Chicago, Portland and Toronto which all have black and red in their color schemes.

I see four colors. Is that correct? There's Thick Cream and a much lighter shade of cream.

I'm not a real fan of Thick Cream. It reminds me a little too much of a skin tone when looking at your logo.

I wish you could revise the "Detroit" script font because it's the current, unmodified Detroit Tigers road uniform logo script.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Here is the logo sheet:

ms21dg.jpg

Colors:

ou1pc1.jpg

The "red" would be more orange.

I see four colors.

Could be due to watermark.

I don't know. I think you're using two different shades of cream. The lighter shade of cream is exactly the same color that you used for presenting us the logo peeks yesterday, plus the new, darker thick cream.

@hettinger_rl: You might compare the values of the shade of cream being used in the leaping horse logo (the horse's filling color) with the cream in the "D"-logo on the left of your sheet. It's a huge difference.

@hettinger_rl: You might compare the values of the shade of cream being used in the leaping horse logo (the horse's filling color) with the cream in the "D"-logo on the left of your sheet. It's a huge difference.

2d8lx93.jpg

Fixed.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

I see 2 shades as well: The Thick Cream, and a more Peachy Cream colour.

I'd definitely change black to Navy, but I like everything else here, especially the Piston Man's return.

I feel like and Orange/Blue (even Navy) will just be compared to the Knicks.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

I see 2 shades as well: The Thick Cream, and a more Peachy Cream colour.

I'd definitely change black to Navy, but I like everything else here, especially the Piston Man's return.

I feel like and Orange/Blue (even Navy) will just be compared to the Knicks.

I get that POV. But at the same time, I have to see the jerseys.

I always love watching your drawings come to life, you always take the C&C and the end result is always a very well thought out masterpiece. This one is no different.

I love everything about it, my favourites being the "V" emblem logo and the original jumping horse one. And that Detroit script is very nice too. Detroit can always pull off vintage looks so I really love everything you've done here.

No real complaints about the colours either, when placed on a jersey, it will look completely separate from the Red Black and White teams.

Great Job!

Archived