Detroit Pistons Rebrand (Jersey Set)

hettinger_rl

I have lots of little things to say, but it's hard to point them out with so many new logos!

First I think you should get rid of the lightning bolt in the middle of the D for the 2 middle secondary logos. It's muddying up the look there.

For the front facing horse secondary, what's on its forehead? I don't like it there, it's too difficult to read and distracting.

For the middle secondary, I think you should make the outline around the horse that extends outside the shield the same weight as the outline of the shield.

I think these colors are interesting. I'm not totally sold on the cream, but I can dig rust and black. What would the set look like with silver instead of cream? I think other people's suggestion of navy would work as well, but I don't see it as necessary.

I love all your text work. I wish I could design wordmarks that cool. I love absolutely everything about the script Detroit.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have lots of little things to say, but it's hard to point them out with so many new logos!

First I think you should get rid of the lightning bolt in the middle of the D for the 2 middle secondary logos. It's muddying up the look there.

For the front facing horse secondary, what's on its forehead? I don't like it there, it's too difficult to read and distracting.

For the middle secondary, I think you should make the outline around the horse that extends outside the shield the same weight as the outline of the shield.

I think these colors are interesting. I'm not totally sold on the cream, but I can dig rust and black. What would the set look like with silver instead of cream? I think other people's suggestion of navy would work as well, but I don't see it as necessary.

I love all your text work. I wish I could design wordmarks that cool. I love absolutely everything about the script Detroit.

It's the Detroit Tigers current road uniform logo.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

2d8lx93.jpg

I can see the bolt in the D causing some problems. The horse head has an old V8 emblem on it, its not necessary just cool. The outline is an over-site. Full-disclosure: The script is just the Tigers' script.

Once all the dents are hammered and pulled, I'll go through my inspiration/reference images.

^^EDIT: Ha, yes. You posted just as I was typing my post.^^

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

I absolutely love the theme you have going on here. It's a very unique look in the NBA and in pro sports, and it definitely has that Detroit feel. I'm not 100% sold on the colors...I agree with the others that navy instead of black would be a good move. I don't think anyone would confuse them with the Knicks. I'd like to see you try silver instead of cream, as well. On the uniforms it could be done in a shiny fabric to give off a chrome look.

I really like the variety of logos you put together, but I think you should pick one of the three pentagonal logos. I really don't have a preference of one over the others, so I'm not sure which one you should keep. Also, I would make the basketball seams consistent between the pentagonal logo and the other basketball-based logos. I kind of like the tapered look, so maybe go with that.

As I see these on my phone for the first time, the cream doesn't look as good. Except on the bottom logos (man and script). I'll play with silver.

Hmm... I still feel something needs to be from the old look colour-wise. Say a light blue with the orange and black? Or is that too much like the Knicks old set?

Here I present the first Uniform of this set. This uniform is an alternate that I'm calling the "Hot Rod" alt. The side panels of the jersey are meant to represent the exhaust pipes coming off a V8 engine. On the back they morph into racing stripes and the circle is meant to be where the number goes, like on a rally car. On the shorts I have a piston design on each side panel. These pistons also have the Ball/Chevron logo on them. Tell me what you think, I know its a little out there.

2rz8ms7.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Feels kinda Golden State ish...like the concept but the execution needs to be a bit cleaner. Pistons have a championship pedigree to go along a great identity.. so it's ok to go a bit crazy but not full crazy...

my advice. Keep the shorts PERIOD!! The overall shorts design is killer!

The jersey top.. lose the sides and go with Detroit Pistons in the circular arch wordmark.

Or go with either Detroit or Pistons wordmark and keep the sides.

shado_logo.gif

Feels kinda Golden State ish...like the concept but the execution needs to be a bit cleaner. Pistons have a championship pedigree to go along a great identity.. so it's ok to go a bit crazy but not full crazy...

The jersey top.. lose the sides and go with Detroit Pistons in the circular arch wordmark.

yes agreed on the shorts

Archived