Detroit Pistons Rebrand (Jersey Set)

hettinger_rl

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like them a lot. The only thing that made me pause was that the alternate Detroit wordmark is right off the Tigers uniforms. Not a fan of that.

Yes. I have this thing where I think it would be a sign of city pride if teams from the same city would have uniforms that link through a common design element.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

The ful set with the logos used:

2vl9qx4.jpg

This is a very different approach..unique but the execution was perfect!!! Great job hettinger_rl!!!

Thanks! Yeah I wanted unique and for it to be different. Get some new mojo going.

• 4 weeks later...

To the original poster...the only concern I have with the very last logo that you released is how similar that it is to the scripting on the Tigers road uniforms. In fact, the scripting there IS the same thing as what is on the roads that the Tigers uses...all that really was added was the basketball. But overall, this is minor and the more I think about it, the more that I convince myself it's a good idea to take a similar notion that was used in another sport and bring it here. And it's fresh, classy, and strangely enough...modern in a retro way. Good job.

To the original poster...the only concern I have with the very last logo that you released is how similar that it is to the scripting on the Tigers road uniforms. In fact, the scripting there IS the same thing as what is on the roads that the Tigers uses...all that really was added was the basketball. But overall, this is minor and the more I think about it, the more that I convince myself it's a good idea to take a similar notion that was used in another sport and bring it here. And it's fresh, classy, and strangely enough...modern in a retro way. Good job.

Hey, thanks for the comments.

• 6 months later...

Archived