OK we all know what BFBS means. But the 1990s saw some awful uniform trends, including teams not only shoehorning black into their uniforms, but also teal. Hence, "black and teal for black and teal's sake."

To me, the worst example was the Cleveland Cavaliers, who wore blue and red, then switched to black and teal in the mid-1990s:

vv_display_image.gif?1297409551

In what universe is that teal?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

In what universe were the Cavs' prior uniforms red?

mark-price-cavs.jpg0oeq2l0w58y7xax4me8gt6s6q.gif

* -- second photo from the mothership

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

OK. I'm only lurking here now, but this thread is making my head explode.

1. The Cavaliers called that color Blue, but in reality, it was the same exact Pantone that the Angels used in their Disney-era uniforms. They called it Periwinkle.

2. The Cavs switched from Burnt Orange and Royal Blue. NOT Red.

3. First example of Teal in pro sports I've found were the California Golden Seals in the 1974-1975 NHL season.

Good gosh...don't make me stop the car and get back there!

This thread makes as much sense as a Nancy Pelosi speech.

BATFBATS? Are we really THAT bored? :D

OK...

91elkins-variant.png91bennett.png

but yet you miss the point of the thread by posting a uniform that doesn't have any black in it?

The uniform on the right is black...

spacer.png

I think the uniform on the right is very wet/rain-soaked teal. I'm pretty sure the Surge never worn jerseys other than teal and white.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I think the uniform on the right is very wet/rain-soaked teal. I'm pretty sure the Surge never worn jerseys other than teal and white.

I'd say it is too because I had a hard time finding any pictures other than that. They did have black trim on the uniforms, however.

spacer.png

Archived