76ers new logo(s) and uniforms

ScubaSteve

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im guessing a Cleveland like update to the logo, that most people won't notice, like a dropping of the block around the circle

The way things have gone lately, I wouldn't be surprised if they added a roundel layer to the classic b-ball logo and threw "PHILA BASKETBALL" in there. Would certainly beat their current primary.

qlpk0etqwelv8artgc7tvqefu.gif

I know the team has also included this logo into a few e-mails they've sent out to season ticket holders recently. Kinda hope it's not part of the new identity though. The ball/skyline portion is decent, but I hate the "Sixers City" banner.

Screen-Shot-2015-02-17-at-12.18.07-PM.pn

im guessing a Cleveland like update to the logo, that most people won't notice, like a dropping of the block around the circle

The way things have gone lately, I wouldn't be surprised if they added a roundel layer to the classic b-ball logo and threw "PHILA BASKETBALL" in there. Would certainly beat their current primary.

qlpk0etqwelv8artgc7tvqefu.gif

How is it that the 76ers were forced to add the box and "Philadelphia" below that fabulous logo to appease the NBA, but the Clippers are going to go with just the word "Clippers" and that's perfectly fine?

I know the team has also included this logo into a few e-mails they've sent out to season ticket holders recently. Kinda hope it's not part of the new identity though. The ball/skyline portion is decent, but I hate the "Sixers City" banner.

1. It's missing the tallest building in the city.

2. The new tallest will be topped off in late 2016 so the logo would just have to change.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2. The new tallest will be topped off in late 2016 so the logo would just have to change.

I know. All the more reason to root against this logo.

They're reaveling a new logo tomorrow? I thought just the uniforms were changing not logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Isn't the building on the right supposed to be the Comcast Center? (its shaped like it) Just looks like they scaled them down so the logo wasnt uneven.

Not a fan of it. Made me think of this logo...

sacramento2.jpg'

87Redskins.png

They're reaveling a new logo tomorrow? I thought just the uniforms were changing not logo.

Like I mentioned in the main 2015-16 NBA Changes topic, the changes are "very subtle" and there aren't any color updates

Isn't the building on the right supposed to be the Comcast Center? (its shaped like it) Just looks like they scaled them down so the logo wasnt uneven.

Yeah you're right. I get scaling to make things fit, but you can't really do that with the tallest building. I thought it was BAT at first, but that has more setbacks.

Either way, CITC would render this logo obsolete soon.

Their current identity and colors are great, so I'm glad it sounds like none of that is changing.

I agree with those who have said that the retangular primary logo shape is silly, so I hope that's one feature that is changing. It sounds like they are going to make the tweaks they need to and not much more, so I'm expecting a good result here.

Their current identity and colors are great, so I'm glad it sounds like none of that is changing.

I agree with those who have said that the retangular primary logo shape is silly, so I hope that's one feature that is changing. It sounds like they are going to make the tweaks they need to and not much more, so I'm expecting a good result here.

I agree too..they've ALWAYS had great logos but the current uniforms blow chunks!!!
shado_logo.gif

Archived