76ers new logo(s) and uniforms

ScubaSteve

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their uniform teaser up on their website seems to show a keystone shaped panel on the waistband. I'm assuming it is on the front of the shorts. If so, it looks to be a neat little detail to tie into their city/state. I like it.

Here's the new logo in color. Uniforms to debut on June 18th.

CEzyLQ0UMAA7q1q.jpg

were the colors updated? It was a light blue everywhere I looked but now the main site has a darker Blue?

Reminds me of the Warriors and print logo very light but the jersey and everywhere used is royal blue

7034_philadelphia_76ers-primary-2016.png

That second logo looks so much better thanks to the darker blue.

They were a dominant team in the 1980s. Unfortunately for them, so were the Celtics and Lakers.

1980: NBA Finals only to run into Magic's Lakers

1981: Blew 3-1 series lead against Celtics. Had they won that series, the 76ers would have almost-certainly beaten the Cinderella Houston Rockets in the NBA Finals.

1982: NBA Finals loss to the Lakers

1983: Finally! NBA champions over the Lakers

1984: Inexplicable first-round loss to the NJ Nets. Still in shock over that series.

1985: Smoked in Eastern Conference Finals by the Celtics 4 games to 1.

I don't care either way, but why PHILA and not PHILLY? Do people from Philadelphia even call it "Philly?"

Yes. Yes we do.

Second. In fact I can't remember the last time I referred to it as Philadelphia.

I mostly call it philadelphia unless I'm referring to a specific part like "south philly". I think "Phily" is definitely used by locals, but moreso by people who don't live in the city (or at least the urban core).

It would be silly to have a colloquialism on a jersey. It'd be equivalent to the "Motown" jerseys. Phila is good. I'd be fine with the Phillies having a Phila jersey too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They were a dominant team in the 1980s. Unfortunately for them, so were the Celtics and Lakers.

1980: NBA Finals only to run into Magic's Lakers

1981: Blew 3-1 series lead against Celtics. Had they won that series, the 76ers would have almost-certainly beaten the Cinderella Houston Rockets in the NBA Finals.

1982: NBA Finals loss to the Lakers

1983: Finally! NBA champions over the Lakers

1984: Inexplicable first-round loss to the NJ Nets. Still in shock over that series.

1985: Smoked in Eastern Conference Finals by the Celtics 4 games to 1.

I thought that great 1982-83 Sixers team would have beaten any of those Chicago Bulls teams of the 90s. They were a deep, talented, club and Moses Malone was a rebounding and scoring machine. I think Malone would have required so much attention from the Chicago frontcourt, Dr. J and the other weapons on that Sixers team would have too much for the Bulls to overcome. Malone often got the better of Abdul-Jabbar in their one on one matchups, and did much his damage on so-so Houston Rocket teams.

I don't care either way, but why PHILA and not PHILLY? Do people from Philadelphia even call it "Philly?"

Yes. Yes we do.

Second. In fact I can't remember the last time I referred to it as Philadelphia.

I mostly call it philadelphia unless I'm referring to a specific part like "south philly". I think "Phily" is definitely used by locals, but moreso by people who don't live in the city (or at least the urban core).

It would be silly to have a colloquialism on a jersey. It'd be equivalent to the "Motown" jerseys. Phila is good. I'd be fine with the Phillies having a Phila jersey too.

I don't have a problem with it, especially when there are already a bunch of "nickname" jerseys that are much worse.

"There's a bunch that are worse" is not a reason to do anything.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yes. Yes we do.

Everyone in PA calls it Philly.

PHILA feels more like an airport abbreviation. I'd like to see a script Philly on a jersey.

Philly_Phaithful_Logo_FINAL_ART.jpg?1365

Love the "Philly" part from this cheesesteak logo:

since-1981-original-philly-cheesesteak-c

f4cf01a430271896b9ceed1516f162a3.jpg

87Redskins.png

"There's a bunch that are worse" is not a reason to do anything.

Where did I say that it was?

When you said, "I don't have a problem with it, especially when there are already a bunch of 'nickname' jerseys that are much worse."

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

:!: :!: :!:

CFaBm0ZWAAA4iqq.jpg

Did anyone actually expect anything besides lazy, boring, and uninspired?

There have been more exciting practice jerseys

Stars running down the side panels would be the only thing that saves this new set from being complete garbage.

Archived