76ers new logo(s) and uniforms

ScubaSteve

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why everyone assumes this is the new jersey. I imagine the process went something like this:

Noel: Hey, I want to stitch the jerseys to the inside of my blazer again, is that cool?

Sixers: Well, we haven't unveiled the new uniforms yet. But we did unveil this wordmark, maybe you can just use that with the old numbers? Something unofficial until the reveal but still repping philly.

Noel: Ok.

maybe, just maybe some teams are going to wait for the new manufacturer to get jazzy. The NBA has seemed to be heading to basic designs lately. Almost like the teams are moving to D-League designs with word marks being the only difference. Obviously it won't get that bad but...

I really like that the numbers are the same color as the letters as opposed to the past 5 or so years.

That is all.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't understand why everyone assumes this is the new jersey.

It fits everything we've heard so far, then there's this:

MikeSielski

Noel on whether his jacket lining was the #Sixers' new uni: "As much as you can show. The stars on the side, you can't fit it all in there."

maybe, just maybe some teams are going to wait for the new manufacturer to get jazzy. The NBA has seemed to be heading to basic designs lately. Almost like the teams are moving to D-League designs with word marks being the only difference. Obviously it won't get that bad but...

This has irritated me as well. NBA uni design has taken a turn for the worst ever since Adidas introduced the rev30 template. Everything has gotten so boring and simplified it's ridiculous. Number outlines and wordmark outlines have mostly disappeared. Bevels and drop shadows are pretty much extinct as well. Hopefully a new supplier will bring about some positive changes.

MikeSielski

Noel on whether his jacket lining was the #Sixers' new uni: "As much as you can show. The stars on the side, you can't fit it all in there."

Wow he said that? That is one juicy quote.

So what would look better on each jersey?

-white side w blue stars

-white side w red stars

-blue side w white stars

-red side w white stars

I think white side w red stars maybe for both.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

"There's a bunch that are worse" is not a reason to do anything.

Where did I say that it was?

When you said, "I don't have a problem with it, especially when there are already a bunch of 'nickname' jerseys that are much worse."

That's not an endorsement of it because other teams do it. That's me saying "I don't have a problem with it". "There are other 'nickname' jerseys that are far worse" as an aside.

A circle of stars inside a semi-circle of stars? So superfluous. They could've put the word 'Basketball' in there to fill the space.

Why, so it could be an even bigger ripoff of the Nets?

sa3u750436kiqct0v5a9xw6uh.gif5995.gif

It already basically is a Nets "ripoff", so going a bit further doesn't make much difference in that aspect. Especially when that old Nets logo with the word 'Basketball' in it is no longer in use. Adding stars everywhere just for the sake of stars is a huge fetish of American sports branding, something that really annoys me. That's not mentioning the fact that there already is one circle of stars in the logo.

Just to clarify, yall know that the nets logo that everyone is "ripping off" isn't their primary right? And they're not the first team to utilize a roundel? Just wanted to make sure.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but back in their early days (I'm thinking the Wilt and Greer years), didn't the Sixers only have "PHILA" on both home and road jerseys? It seems like they didn't put Sixers on a jersey until a little later. If so, I wonder if that's the inspiration behind "PHILA" on both here.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived