76ers new logo(s) and uniforms

ScubaSteve

The red outline on blue letters looked purple anyway.

I think there would be less hate for the lack of outline if they used a more professional looking number font instead of the corner store standard heat press looking one that they're using.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's an update on Conrad's mockups, from an anonymous source. It's per Crossing Broad (http://www.crossingbroad.com/2015/05/graphic-designer-takes-sixers-uni-clues-to-mock-up-full-look.html):

Those renderings that guy created are close to accurate except the siding of the uniforms are going to be blue not red. Accurate portrayal of the stars though.

Tony Chennault was actually one of the people modeling the jersey in the photo shoot. As a Nova guy I thought you’d get a kick out of that.

CFi6uZoUkAAX0ae.png

Those look good, although both would look better with outlines (and no PHILA). Either way, we can be pretty certain that their actual unis won't be this good. Judging by recent uniforms, it's probably not going to have a design on the waistband, possibly no armhole trim and likely some "design" to the shape/function of the neck trim.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'd imagine the stars to be blue on all of them. I'd be ecstatic if conrad's predictions were accurate. I kind of think there won't be trim around the side panel and it'll just be solid blue or white. No real reason why I think that - maybe just preparing to be disappointed.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They were red on the 70s blue uni, so I'm guessing they'll stick with that. The old uni also had 4 stars on the jersey and 2 on the shorts (six total), so they'll either stick with that or go with a modernized 3/3

Here's an update on Conrad's mockups, from an anonymous source. It's per Crossing Broad (http://www.crossingbroad.com/2015/05/graphic-designer-takes-sixers-uni-clues-to-mock-up-full-look.html):

Those renderings that guy created are close to accurate except the siding of the uniforms are going to be blue not red. Accurate portrayal of the stars though.

Tony Chennault was actually one of the people modeling the jersey in the photo shoot. As a Nova guy I thought you’d get a kick out of that.

CFi6uZoUkAAX0ae.png

Thing of beauty!

The home jersey looks great on paper. Let's see how they look in action. The side panels on the blue away jersey looks great, but reminds me too much of Chicago's flag.

Archived