76ers new logo(s) and uniforms

ScubaSteve

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with everyone who said these should come back:

AI_240_sixers.jpg

While I don't want those to come back, per se, they still have some charm. The number font is pretty nice, and the alternate star-76 logo was actually pretty good.

Not the worst NBA uniform set.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I put the Iverson-era set in the same category as the 90's Pistons set - good idea, wrong colors. Leaving the traditional RWB color scheme was a huge mistake, but damn if those jerseys didn't look nice.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

The only one I like is the blue one. Maybe they could have made a go of that design with R/W/B.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Those Sixers uniforms are in an odd category for me personally. If I'm filing them in a personal uniform thoughts cabinet, they'd get placed in the "Uniforms that weren't ideal for the team, but yet still kinda sorta worked and wouldn't mind being worn again, although still not ideal and the current identity is the better fit" file. I guess basically, I liked the Iverson set, but I also feel the current identity is the better fit, yet if for any reason the Iverson set came back, I wouldn't be upset.

Believe me, I'm just as confused by my "okayness" with the Iverson set as you probably are reading this post.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

123ku8g.jpg

My favorite 76ers uni. Blue alternate or even (Black) alt would have been sweet!!

Why does everyone forget about the short-lived, but best jersey from that set?

Philadelphia-76ers-Sixers-2007-09-Altern

I don't forget this at all!! This was gorgeous..a PHILA uniform with style. Too bad they rarely wore it.
shado_logo.gif

So you agree with nobody at all?

Well that's one insane guy

I feel like this guy's entire long game here is to make posts that draw the response "wow, you really are one insane guy! :D" I guess it's a pretty clever gimmick. One time I had an idea for a gimmick poster whose concepts all unwittingly turned out to be phallic symbols. I was just gonna call him "Richard."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

AI_240_sixers.jpg

So many people love these, but I think it's mostly just Iverson nostalgia.

I mean I do like them, they are nice in a vacuum, and they're the Sixers jerseys I grew up with (and the blue ALT is one of my favorite jerseys ever) but a team named after 17 freakin 76 should be RWB not Black and Gold with some red and blue trim.

They should stay remember as the Iverson era and that's it.

So many people love these, but I think it's mostly just Iverson nostalgia.

I mean I do like them, they are nice in a vacuum, and they're the Sixers jerseys I grew up with (and the blue ALT is one of my favorite jerseys ever) but a team named after 17 freakin 76 should be RWB not Black and Gold with some red and blue trim.

They should stay remember as the Iverson era and that's it.

I don't think that and you have to be careful telling people why they like something (particularly if it is kinda a "wrong" reason). And I say this as someone that HATES those uniforms, in a vacuum or otherwise.

The blue jersey (and even rarer red one) is not terrible, but black, gold, red, blue is still too much. And the wordmark is sooooo 90s. I think a basic R/W/B design serves the Sixers well. I'll take Barkley's first uniform any day.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived